cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help On closeing a Question

BenG
Grafter

Help On closeing a Question

Hi, Last month I went over my 4GB usage on my boardband, this was mostley cos I had a new system, and had lots of windows updates downloading, anyway I had a notice in my portal soon as I logged in just explaining that I went over the 4GB useage, but now the usage has been reset but the question still remains and just says waiting for your response, how do I close it, cos each Time i log in it still there, or is it normal
Sorry for asking but I never had it before, so I was unsure.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Help On closeing a Question

Go to Help and Support then My Questions
At the bottom of the open question you should see this
Just click on Close This Question
BenG
Grafter

Hi, Oldjim, I did what you said but all I have at the bottom of the page is "Add Comment For Support Team", No Close button I know I had questions in the past in there and they had a Blue close button, but this time I see nothing, just the comment one.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

This will be because the ticket was raised by a member of staff, IIRC internally raised tickets can only be closed by us. I'll go do this one now for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BenG
Grafter

Thanks Chris , it's gone now Smiley
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Chris
... IIRC internally raised tickets can only be closed by us. ...

Ah! That explains the exact same problem I had towards the end of my last billing period. I complained on the ticket that I couldn't close it, and was told not to worry as it would close itself if I ignored it long enough....
Perhaps such internally-raised tickets could ask us if we're happy for them to be closed, instead of inviting us to close them in the usual way?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I had one of those a while ago, it was infuriating because I kept getting the 'question update reminder prompt' every time I logged into the member centre. Even after I added a comment asking for it to be closed, it took a week to do whatever and close the question.
In this case it was right that I wasn't able to close it myself, but a reveiw of procedures perhaps is in order. 16 days after the ticket date I added a (complementary) comment hoping this would provoke closure, then after a further 17 days I had to post the request that it be closed.
It seems to me that such tickets should be auto reviewed every 14 days.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
This will be because the ticket was raised by a member of staff, IIRC internally raised tickets can only be closed by us. I'll go do this one now for you.

I also had this problem when I changed my BBYW package.  It is very irritating that we can't close a ticket raised by PlusNet . If PlusNet don't want to add this facility I think you should at least explain within the ticket that "this particular ticket can only be closed by staff and if you need it closed please reply asking for this" or some such text.