cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...After 2 years of dealing with Plusnet I still have unreliable BB service

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Help...After 2 years of dealing with Plusnet I still have unreliable BB service

Out of interest who did you go with? Interested to see if it's a Llu provider or someone who uses btw. Be nice to hear when you get the new service if it's any faster or same issues.
ernie1
Dabbler

Re: Help...After 2 years of dealing with Plusnet I still have unreliable BB service

Hi I have decided to go to BT...not signed up with them yet...using a differant (existing) phone line....as its a differant physical line it will be interesting to see what happens. FTTC is scheduled for the next 3 months or so.....I am not currently bothered about the current lowish speed, just BB stability...at least if I can get a stable line then will go for FTTC and maybe organise a FTTH service amongst the community....happy to keep you updated but assume that PN wont let me on the forum when I disconnect from their service

ernie1
Dabbler

Anoush I am happy to postpone my cancellation for a while, but will not sign up to a year contract as was indicated to  me that I would have to do...I am happy for you to have one last go...as someone at last has taken reponsibility to look at it..just let me know

Jonpe
Hero

As far as I can see, at least one person who has left PN continues to post here, so you are not automatically barred once you leave.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm really sorry if you were advised that we cannot progress your fault because you're thinking of moving/in the process of moving.

We're still under obligation to provide you with a service and will do whatever we can to fix a fault until the line is transferred away.

I'm glad to hear you're happy to give us another shot at fixing this. I'll update your fault ticket shortly.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@ernie1 wrote:

The line I use is just for BB data, no voice is used.

Have you done a quiet line test with a corded phone?

If the extra current sent down the line during a line test temporarily fixes something, then doing a ring back test or calling from a mobile just to make the phone ring, might have the same effect as the line test.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've updated your fault ticket @ernie1

if you let me know once you've replied, I'll get the engineer booked in for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ernie1
Dabbler

Hiya Anoush..I have replied, thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for replying. I tried to call you this evening, because I see that you'd like us to run through the checks with you again.

Sorry I couldn't get through. I've gone ahead and booked the engineer for this Thursday between 8am and 1pm. If you would like to cancel or re-arrange please let me know either this evening or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks.

(I've also closed a duplicate ticket on your account, you can update us on ticket 140376211

ernie1
Dabbler

Hi Anoush sorry to have missed you...will call tech support tomorrow, have sent note re engineer visit, pleade can we move to Friday?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sure thing, I'll get that done tomorrow.

And, done. Moved to this Friday AM. Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Jonpe wrote:

As far as I can see, at least one person who has left PN continues to post here, so you are not automatically barred once you leave.

LOL

Jonpe
Hero

Why the LOL?  I was replying to one of ernie1's posts and referring to jelv's thread "Why I have left Plusnet".

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

So was I. Wink

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@ernie1 wrote:

happy to keep you updated but assume that PN wont let me on the forum when I disconnect from their service

That's not the case - plenty of us who have left keep posting (but they have blocked my access to the main Plusnet website, the member centre and mail servers).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)