cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy usage

thedeathboy420

Heavy usage

Hello!
I recently moved a couple of hundred miles across the country to live in the sticks.
I switched to plusnet after doing some research on ISP's who could provide reasonable speeds in my area.  It was between plusnet, Sky and BT being the only ones who had adsl2 at the exchange...
Anyway, I thought I could get away with the 60gb allowance, but this has proved to not be the case... I'm already down to my last 10gb this billing cycle which reset on the 23rd... Plusnet are going to work out to be extremely expensive for me based on my usage patterns - I stream a lot of HD content with NetFlix and also game.
My wife and I also  use video calling a lot to speak to friends and family.
Anyone have any idea if it's worth giving customer services a call to see if they can offer a better deal on high use? £5 per 5gb will quickly turn into a fortune - I'm not keen on the idea of kerbing my usage either. Perhaps I should have done some proper research before signing up? Although I would rather survive off of GPRS then have an account with Sky or BT.
3 REPLIES 3
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Heavy usage

Good Evening JJH85,
That's no problem - What you could do is look at our Plusnet Premium package which offers 120GB usage per month.
If you're in a Market 1 or 2 area this would cost you £19.99 per month, however if you're in a Market 3 area it will be £15.99 per month.
If you'd like to sign up for this package (has no impact on any contracts you have) you can head over to http://trials.plus.net and select the "Extra Usage" option.
I hope this helps.
thedeathboy420

Yes! Was just coming back to post that link! Have sent a request via trials.plus.net . Thank you.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Whilst it probably won't help with video calling, don't forget that midnight to 8am usage doesn't count, so anything you can defer till then will help.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)