cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven’t received router yet , can I use my own ?

FIXED
Bunkmoreland
Hooked

Haven’t received router yet , can I use my own ?

My internet was cut from my other provider today , contacting yourselves we found our line is going active tomorrow

We haven’t received our router yet and going by the sounds of the phone call today it was only just dispatched today

My question is can I use my own router even though I opted for a plus net one . It’s a adsl modem (ac750) so should be compatible

Also reading it’s just the plusnet username + @plusdsl.net . And then my plusnet password .

Will I be ok to use my own router tomorrow if the line does indeed go active .

Thanks and sorry for the length ( or unnecessary details )

11 REPLIES 11
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Haven’t received router yet , can I use my own ?

Yes

See item 4 in link below

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/

Many plusnet customers use alternative routers .

However some other routers are locked to the Broadband company that issued them like ee. Which will not let you change any of the settings or enter other broadband passwords etc.

The only exception is BT Home Hubs and New Smart Hub which will work with plusnet. 

If you have a standard off the shelf router bought from a high street retailer you should  have no problem connecting as long as its compatable for your type of line.

I use a BT Smart hub.

To set up BT Smart Hub see message 41 on link below

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/m-p/1415464#M312705

Bunkmoreland
Hooked

Thanks for what reply lifeonmars

Yeah I didn’t know if maybe they locked they locked the MAC address down at first and reserve it an address as I didn’t opt to use my own router but selected to use the plus.net

I didn’t receive the router today so connected up my ac750 but still not active yet I believe

Anyone know generally what time lines go active at ? i’ll Phone tonight when I have some spare time to see if it’s still going to be activated today at some point . Fingers crossed as kids are going a bit mad .43at
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

The usual advice is that your BB can be activated any time up to midnight on the date given, even if you get an email before then saying that the work has been completed.  Since you posted yesterday, you should now (hopefully) be up and running.

Bunkmoreland
Hooked

Thank you for the reply Jonpe

Order was not processed correctly as apparently the supplier apparently told my previous supplier that I was disconnecting but not switching . So line sitting inactive

line has been disconnected as off the 6th , both agents led me to believe that the line would be active yesterday Which was a sore one . Today however told the order can’t be completed and a new order will need to take place . No router being supplied should have been a massive flag but was hoping it would work out

How long roughly would plus net or any supplier take to connect the line. Starting fresh order today. Don’t miss the phone aspect but the broadband is heavily relied upon 😕

Thanks
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi @Bunkmoreland.

Following your conversation with my colleague, I've chased this up and have sent you a message about the progress of your order. You can view this via: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180612462

Thanks.

Bunkmoreland
Hooked

Thanks Lordfoul

There’s hope yet that we might have internet soon Smiley . Never realise how much you rely on simple utilities till there gone
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Glad to help, @Bunkmoreland.

If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to assist.

Bunkmoreland
Hooked

Activity in the line earlier I think so hoping that’s the process begun

Had an message saying the order will hopefully be completed tomorrow. But an hour ago had smother ticket saying that the broadband order has been delayed again but with no other info. Still no router but I think mine should be fine

Getting there it feels though . Hopefully tomorrow
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

You could have a check for yourself on the BTW DSL Checker as it will show if there is an open order on the line and give the date it will be done. Just enter your phone number at

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Bunkmoreland
Hooked

That’s a handy link that I will hopefully never have to use . Thanks

Internet just popped into life . Thanks to all the CSA’s / CSC’s that helped Smiley
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Bunkmoreland

Glad to hear that your service is now up and running. Please let us know should you have any further queries Smiley