cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you messed up my fibre order?

houlton23
Grafter

Have you messed up my fibre order?

So this time last week I ordered fibre. Selected an installation date of the 9th March (this friday). Since then I've heard precisely nothing.
This morning I tweeted @plusnet to ask if the router had been dispatched as I was concerned it wouldn't arrive by Friday. I got a reply saying that an order for fibre had been placed for me and a provisional date of next tuesday morning had been booked for installation.
I then asked what's going on? I wasn't really told other than the dates at time of booking are provisional. I would have thought that PN would have contacted me by now to tell me if the friday appointment isn't confirmed.
Once again - Not even an email to confirm anything at all to do with the fibre order.
Can someone look into this and get it sorted and booked for friday.
I think a review of the ordering process also needs to happen as something is not right at all here...
Is an openreach guy going to turn up on friday and tuesday? When does the tuesday one get confirmed as I don't even know if we can do tuesday yet?
Alex
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Have you messed up my fibre order?

Hi there,
It was myself answering you on Twitter earlier, it's great to have an unlimited amount of characters to reply in Smiley
Right. Fibre was ordered, and according to our records the order was placed and a reference number was received. As I said though, the appointment date is provisional at the time of order placement and is subject to change until it's confirmed.
Unfortunately it looks like there was a problem between our suppliers' systems and ours, meaning that the order wasn't placed however as no notifications were received by our systems we weren't aware. I've investigated and ensured that we have a problem opened internally to investigate this, and am very sorry it's happened.
However the provisioning agent who looked into this for you today has managed to confirm an engineer appointment only two working days after your original appointment request date, which is extremely lucky. It's very likely that the appointment you originally requested would have ended up on the same date.
Unfortunately as I said we'll not be able to bring this forward as it was the earliest possible appointment available in your area, if it's not suitable then we can rearrange it however I'm afraid that will delay things somewhat.
houlton23
Grafter

Matt,
First of all thanks for sorting this out and explaining what went wrong.
Could we please move the appointment to the afternoon of Friday the 16th March?
Thanks,
Alex Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Alex,
I've requested the change of appointment date on our suppliers systems, however we'll need to go back and check this tomorrow for you.
I'm away on leave tomorrow so I'll make sure one of my colleagues checks it for you and replies to this post.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
houlton23
Grafter

Thanks Adam, (Enjoy your day off Smiley
Could whoever picks this up today check what's happening with our account change? I know it's still most probably scheduled for Friday morning, so I'd appreciate it if you could move this back to the day of the engineer appointment.
Alex Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just checked the order and we've not yet had confirmation about the appointment change, though we do expect it this afternoon - I'll make sure to keep you posted. I'm also happy to confirm that the account won't change early for you.
I'll update you as soon as we get confirmation of the appointment.
Cheers,
Matt
houlton23
Grafter

Matt,
Can confirm that the account change hasn't happened early - thanks for that.
Have you heard anything from BT about the appointment yet?
Alex Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The appointment's been confirmed for the 16th, afternoon slot. We'll keep you posted on the order but it's all looking good.
houlton23
Grafter

Er... guys.. the account change has happened early...
Change it back please?
Alex Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Alex,
Give us shout when your fibre is up and running and we'll refund you the pro rata difference.
Jojo Smiley
houlton23
Grafter

Jojo,
Don't worry about the refunds - It's only 2 days after all, I was more concerned about the rate limits on Extra Fibre for p2p for the next couple days up until we have fibre installed.
What I would appreciate though is if you could change the market band on our account now so we get the cheaper (£21.49) pricing?
Thanks,
Alex Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: houlton23
What I would appreciate though is if you could change the market band on our account now so we get the cheaper (£21.49) pricing?

Done Smiley