cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Marketing failed? (change of all contract lengths to 10 days)

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Have Marketing failed? (change of all contract lengths to 10 days)

...................Yes, I did receive the email, but I paid scant attention to it since, without reading it through................................

Well if it ever came to a review by the Ombudsman or a court etc., the response would be ....tough doo-dah, should have read it. However I don't disagree with the sentiment expressed in the rest of the above post (or elsewhere in this thread).
richandsian
Grafter

Wait... what... I think I've missed something here!
I think I'm paying £14.99 a month with a 15GB usage cap and 1 month notice... does this mean I can be upgraded to 80GB usage with 10 days notice for £1 extra a month?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You are already on a 10 day notice but the answer is yes you can be upgraded for that price assuming you are in a Market 3 exchange.http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ to find out
* - Plusnet Premium Broadband starts at £11.99 a month for the first 3 months. If you live in one of our low cost areas you'll then pay £15.99 a month thereafter. If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £19.99 a month thereafter.

of course if 15Gb is enough for you you could go to Value with 6GB added for £11.99 per month if you are in a Market 3 area
Be3G
Grafter

Also, bear in mind the traffic shaping differences between Premium and BBY2 (the latter offering slightly better performance): http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
richandsian
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
You are already on a 10 day notice but the answer is yes you can be upgraded for that price assuming you are in a Market 3 exchange.http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ to find out
* - Plusnet Premium Broadband starts at £11.99 a month for the first 3 months. If you live in one of our low cost areas you'll then pay £15.99 a month thereafter. If you live outside of one of these areas you'll then pay £19.99 a month thereafter.

of course if 15Gb is enough for you you could go to Value with 6GB added for £11.99 per month if you are in a Market 3 area

Market 2 apparently. I guess that means £19.99 a month - so £5 a month extra for an extra 55GB a month. I'd like to use about 20-30GB a month so that might well be worth it.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
If you're upgrading from a product we don't sell anymore you'll get the introductory pricing too, so you'd pay £11.99 for 3 months, then £19.99 after that. Also, if your exchange is ADSL2+ enabled you may well get a speed increase as well.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but dont forget the different off peak times
Mand
Grafter

Broadband Your Way accounts have the same peak times as the new accounts, it's just Premier, Plus et al which have the 4pm to midnight peak.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

since when  BBYW peak is 16:00 to 24:00   the new products are 08:00 to 24:00  I was on BBYW1 and that was definitely 16:00 to 24:00
2. What's the monthly usage allowance?
Product Usage allowance
Plusnet Value 10GB
Plusnet Premium 80GB
Plusnet Pro 20GB
   * Overnight use (between Midnight and 8am) does not count towards your monthly usage allowance.
   * Unused GB are not carried over to the next month, on each billing date your allowance will reset to the level shown above.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Since always - your memory is faulty
As an example http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3197-plusnet-launches-broadband-your-way-pro-targeting-online-gam...
It includes a 10GB usage allowance for the peak hours from 08:00 and 23:59 with no restrictions during the night. Gaming and VoIP traffic will be in the Titanium queue whilst all other traffic is treated as Gold.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Jim you and I were both on BBYW1 up to last January and our peak time was 16:00 to 24:00 which is not what this says
Quote from: Mand
Broadband Your Way accounts have the same peak times as the new accounts, it's just Premier, Plus et al which have the 4pm to midnight peak.
Mand
Grafter

Peak time was never 4pm to midnight on BBYW, they were the first products where we introduced 8am to midnight peak across the board.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/08/17/broadband-your-way-blueprint/
Introducing Broadband Your Way
As average usage has increased across all of our products, the previous Kbps allocations for our products had started to hold some people back, especially during the busier evenings. Broadband Your Way was designed with a higher Kbps design in order to address this. The ‘average’ usage assumption is also much closer to the advertised allowance than was the case for Premier and Plus. There are three things which have made it possible for us to provide more capacity for use by each BBYW customer:
- We’ve been able to reduce our profit targets for our new products, meaning we can spend more of everyone’s BBYW subscription on capacity provision than we could when we had to answer directly to the stock market. This represents a change in emphasis for our business, from one that had to meet profit targets at all costs, to a company that is focussing on longer term sustainability and growth.
- Our expectations, based on indications that BT have provided to all ISPs, is that the price of wholesale Broadband bandwidth will reduce by up to 50%, based on the speed of the 21CN rollout (See notes 1 & 2 below). We are fortunate to be able to ‘forward price’ BBYW on this basis (See note 3 below).
- We’ve changed from an 8 hour to 16 hour usage monitoring period (We no longer describe this as ‘peak’ time) for BBYW. This ensures our network is protected from disproportionate heavy usage for a longer period of the day and allows us to offer higher overall usage allowances as a result.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Mand
Peak time was never 4pm to midnight on BBYW, they were the first products where we introduced 8am to midnight peak across the board.

*cough*
PAYG
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I thought I couldn't remember being on the 4.00pm to midnight peak on PAYG  Embarrassed