cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I done the Right Thing?

FastJan
Grafter

Have I done the Right Thing?

I've been with Talktalk for about 18 months now and finally out of my contractual obligatory period and therefore decided to swap ISPs - I was with Plusnet years ago and always received a good service which is partly the reason I decided to come back, plus the reviews I found for the Pro package seemed pretty good.
I'm looking for a decent quality line (for my dial-up connection to work server) along with an unrivaled broadband connection for Xbox live gaming at any time of the day - not just off-peak so the Pro package looked ideal.
I've just been told though by Talktalk that I will have to transfer my line rental back to BT for 12/18 months before I can switch to a complete Plusnet package - apparently Plusnet will be unable to take over my line as its an LLU service - is that correct? If so, why has no one from PN said anything about that to me?
I've had no notifications from PN of anything (apart from an email confirming my direct debit details), and there's nothing at all showing on my 'Order Status Tracker' thing.
I thought I was doing the right thing by swapping back to PN, but with the lack of clarity of info I'm really confused whether I've done the right thing or not  Undecided  All I want is a decent dial-up connection and un-laggy gaming  Cry
10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Have I done the Right Thing?

You can move your line rental and broadband to Plusnet and with the pro package there would be a 12 month tie in.
There is no need to do anything with BT retail as Plusnet can look after the whole thing.
FastJan
Grafter

Thanks for the info - so I can  go straight from Talktalk LLU to a Plusnet Pro BB & line rental package then? Why would talktalk tell me this was impossible  Angry I'm so glad to be leaving them - I just wish the PN thing was going through a bit quicker and that I could track my order staus.
mal0z
Grafter

You do switch your line back to BT, but it is BT wholesale - and PN will do that all for you.
TT were just causing mischief perhaps ?
FastJan
Grafter

Thanks for the confirmation. Can't wait to get it all transferred over.
mal0z
Grafter

Good and welcome to PN community.
Can't you access your member centre to monitor the order status
FastJan
Grafter

I can access it - but there's nothing showing in there, no 'Passed', 'Current Stage' or 'Problems' so I've no idea what stage it's got to.
mal0z
Grafter

Hang around here for a day or so and James Bailey of PN may help you  Wink
FastJan
Grafter

Thanks - I think I'll be hanging around much longer than a day or so though, you're stuck with me and my barage of questions for at least the next 12 months  Grin
James
Grafter

Hi Jan,
Looking at your account and various BT systems, it looks like your phone service should be with us on the 7th with broadband to follow on the 10th.
Because TalkTalk provide what's a fully unbundled LLU service, it takes a bit longer to take everything up and running.
FastJan
Grafter

Thanks for the dates James, much appreciated  Smiley