cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been punished?

Zap
Grafter

Have I been punished?

I am not a leech, I hardly ever download big files, but one thing that is precious to me is my Pure Evoke Flow internet radio.
For some reason this keeps cutting out and yet it works fine at another location.
I can see nothing wrong with my wireless router so I am wondering such traffic has been "shaped" by plusnet into being unusable?
I get about 20 seconds of radio then no volume, wireless signal is at maximum.
No other devices using the internet.
My usage so far this month is just 9gb out of 16gb which must last till the 22nd.  This is higher than usual as I have downloaded a few demos and a WEBEX training course for a piece of software I have to learn.
Just wondering if Plusnet has made any changes to to shaping as speedtest.net shows

If my traffic was being restricted is there a page on the member centre that can tell me?

7 REPLIES 7
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Have I been punished?

Please check what your current line speed is set at here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed just in case your profile is low for some reason.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Zap
Grafter

Thanks for reply,  Link says it is fine:

Estimated line speed:
    Not recorded (service activated before we introduced estimates).
Current line speed:
pierre_pierre
Grafter

as you did not tell us your package and times have a look here http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Surely your internet radio uses streaming traffic?  This should run at line speed on all packages at all times, shouldn't it?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Unless it's BB+ which doesn't prioritise streaming traffic, though not sure what PN package has ever had a 16GB cap.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Presumably that 16GB includes some paid-for top-up?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Have I been punished?

Hi Zap,
In this case I'd recommend a wireshark capture - if you follow the guide but instead of downloading the file start your radio stream instead, that will capture the packets from the radio stream. You'll then be able to see what priority they're assigned, and if it's not in gold submit a ticket with the wireshark pcap file attached. We'll be able to make sure that it gets added for you.
Hope that helps,