cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have FTTC profiles been changed to reflect line speeds?

Cathotel
Grafter

Have FTTC profiles been changed to reflect line speeds?

I've just come back from a 2 week holiday and looked in my Portal area and note my profile speed is set at 33M when it's always been on 37M for my 40/2 FTTC product?
I'm syncing at 37899 Kbps and a BT profile of 36.68?Huh
Has there been a change in PN side in recent weeks which is now going to cause the PN profile to change and ultimately lag behind any BT sync or related IP profile changes?
Pete
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Have FTTC profiles been changed to reflect line speeds?

The work to change them was done when we launched the new fibre products in August. Looking at your line we haven't received a line report since the 21st September (which isn't unusual for fibre) and that showed a sync of 32398.
I've changed the profile manually to 36.8 now to match what you're seeing on a speedtest.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Cathotel
Grafter

Many thanks Chris,
That explains what has happened then...
It was 32398 Kbps on the 21st Sep (sadly was in the habit of checking stats daily Sad ) with a BT profile of 31.36 Mbps and was stable although had dropped over the August/Sep period for some reason - hence the daily monitoring.
I just checked having been away for a couple of weeks and noted the line speed had increased 2 days ago - ish according to line up time but the BT profile hadn't unitl I did a PPPoE router re-boot, which is why you hadn't seen it from BT yet.
Just to clarify though, do you get a line state report from BT when the line sync speed changes or when the BT profile changes and roughly what 'should' the lag be?
Cheers,
Pete
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The sync changing and profile updating *should* be at the same time for 21CN and Fibre (IIRC), that's when the report should be generated too. Unfortunately we're seeing these not get generated for 3-5 days in some instances and in others not at all. We've got a list of examples and have been pressuring BT to fix this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.