Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has there been another outage?

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Has there been another outage?

HI guys,
There's been an update to the service status just now, where Bob mentions that some area codes that were not listed were also affected.
Jojo Smiley
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Strange... No 01561 In Plusnet report but 01561 Is here In this Link  and It was down?...http://aaisp-btmso.blogspot.com/
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
fiddiwebb
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
HI guys,
There's been an update to the service status just now, where Bob mentions that some area codes that were not listed were also affected.
Jojo Smiley

Thank you Jojo
Bob doesn't need to apologise for any inconvience on Plusnets part because we all know who the culprits are!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

any one got any info what has happened in Edinburgh, its taking a long time to sort out, have they had a fire or a bomb?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Think that city has been Nuked Grin
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From the A&A report they have a bigger range of exchanges affected http://aaisp-btmso.blogspot.com/2010/11/spam64-broadband-serious-incident_03.html
MichaelJ
Grafter

What the problem now? It's 17.25 and although I can connect I can't get my emails through. I get two then the whole system just fails and the server stops. What's wrong with your service?
MichaelJ
Grafter

Btw my code isn't listed I'm on 01263 yet can't get emails through. The service doesn't seem very reliable doesn't it?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Sounds like a problem with your E-mail service, Anyone on BT'S network no matter what ISP will be suffering, In my 1 and a half years with Plusnet this Is the 1st severe outage I have experienced, Pretty reliable to me, And welcome to the forum BTW.
MichaelJ
Grafter

All I get is the same two emails repeated all and over. Then the server stops. Got to say I'm singularly unimpressed with the so called Plusnet service
MichaelJ
Grafter

when you say a problem with your email service, do you mean my computer or plusnet? two weeks ago it was a router failure, now this.
jim:quote
Steve
Seasoned Pro

It's not Plusnet's fault though, That's my point. If your going to blame anyone blame BT.
fiddiwebb
Dabbler

Quote from: MichaelJ
All I get is the same two emails repeated all and over. Then the server stops. Got to say I'm singularly unimpressed with the so called Plusnet service

It's nothing to do with Plusnet, it is a problem with BT.
MichaelJ
Grafter

maybe, but that to me is plusnet's problem...not mine. i buy my service and pay plusnet. to me bt are an intermediary service. if the train stops it may well be leaves on the line. who should i blame? the rail service or the wind? plusnet are contracted to provide a service. its not up to me to take issue with third parties
jim:quote
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well your connected so Instead of wasting time moaning about It,  Get done what you need done while you can. What E-mail prog you having problems with?