cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has my router failed?

amcbride
Grafter

Has my router failed?

I`m overseas and rely on my house broadband to check for various devices such as hive, cctv, alarm etc. This morning all the devices were saying they were offline. So tried to ring neighbours to see if there had been an electricity cut which might put the router offline. However not been able to contact any of them. So searched for an electricity outage map for my area but could not find any the one I did said they were updating their site and it was not available.

So thought I would contact Plusnet to see if my router was talking to them. However no online chat available. So decided to try to ring them from overseas, there was a huge queue and on hold forever so gave up. So thought I would look to raising a ticket as I have been with Plusnet since the 1990s and thought this was still active but could not find it easily, but managed eventually to raise a ticket but told it would be 14 hours + before any contact would be made.

All I want is a simple answer from Plusnet if my router seems connected to them or not but seems like communication has gone backwards. So was wondering if any Plusnet insider who pops into the community could check if my router appears alive or not?

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Has my router failed?

amcbride
Grafter

Hi

Thanks for that wasn`t aware that an add blocker would prevent chat from working. 

Just had a look at chat with blocker switched off but still not available, I assume that at the weekend chat is not as available as often due to number of people asking for help.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @amcbride,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'm sorry you were unable to speak with us over the online chat and phone support, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I have checked over your account and ran a few tests and updated your ongoing ticket with the results. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

amcbride
Grafter

Got the message that the fault was identified.

Fault Type: NDT
Test Results: Probable Exchange Line Card Circuit Fault
Fault Ref: TR0000010302994
Estimated Response Time: 06/03/19 23:59:59

However the fault is still appearing at my end and the due date for the replacement line card has passed.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @amcbride,

After checking your account and the fault report, it appears that you closed it. I have now reopened the fault report and rejected a clear back to our suppliers due to the continued issue. As the fault update is specific to your account, you can access the new ticket here.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can be of further assistance in the meantime

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional