cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has download limit changed on bbyw option 2

amcclean
Rising Star

Has download limit changed on bbyw option 2

I've been of line for a few days trying to reload my pc and on return I noticed the new BBYw pro but also that my option option 2 has an 8Gb limit.
I thought the limit was 4Gb. Has this changed or am I loosing the plot as well as my patience with vista media centre.
A
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Has download limit changed on bbyw option 2

BBYW Option 2 has always been 8GB limit.  AFAIK the only product with 4GB is the legacy BB-Plus.
David
James
Grafter

Hi there,
As mentioned, Broadband Plus is designed for 4GB whereas BBYW Option 2 is and always has been 8GB usage betyween 0800-0000.
amcclean
Rising Star

I can't believe I had it that wrong. Ah well more bandwidth to play with for me then. I've been staying under 4gb as I thought that was my limit.
...Just realised why i probably had it wrong. In the my usage section the total on the top bar is currently 4gb not 8gb so it looks like the 4gb is the top of my limit as opposed to 8gb. I guess that once I get nearer to the 4gb the scale may change but having it stop at 4gb is where my thinking of 4gb came from.

Could this be changed to give a better overall indication of use against the 8gb limit. ie. change scale to end at 8gb not the present 4gb.
That way user will see the over all usage in relation to their total allowance rather than just half of it.
I wonder if I'm the only one to make this mistake?
A
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Are you referring to the scale under VMBU?  The scale gradually increments as your usage increase, rather than it being an indicator as to how much you have used of your limit.
amcclean
Rising Star

yes the vmbu scale. There are so many abreviations these days I get lost with the all.
Would it be possible to change the scale to represent the total usage limit?
A
James
Grafter

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier and initially like the idea.  Couple of concerns though:
1) What if you exceeded your usage allowance?  If you are on fixed rate, your speeds are restricted to 128Kbps, so you can continue to add usage.
2) What about those that pre pay to gain additional usage?  From a Development perspective I imagine that this would take a bit of time to implement and their schedule is currently rammed.
Food for thought.
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

I like the idea of a fixed width VMBU scale, because for now I don't bother looked at the scale and just focus on the numbers/expanded details. Having the scale a fixed size would help to know what's being used at a glance.
amcclean
Rising Star

What if :
1. Scale expands the 8g to 8gb the general colour fixed as green and changes to red when a user enters the last gb.

2. Scale expands to 8gb colours stay the same with free usage highlighted as well but when the last gb is reached a warning symbol appears above the last gb
3. Scale changes to 8gb, extra fixed title style bar inserted directly above current increasing scale, titlebar above 1st 7gb is coloured green titleed safe, title above last gb is red and titled waring last paid for gb. This is probably the simplest option and may well be more easily understood. see  attachment sorry no good at graphics . No need to slag me.
A