Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Sky Q broken my broadband

chris1610
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Has Sky Q broken my broadband

I've had ADSL broadband with Plusnet for about a year, up until yesterday it's been working OK.

Yesterday I had Sky Q installed.

Last night instead of usual broadband speeds of 12-15 Mbs I was getting about 1Mbs. Same again tonight.

During the day today it was OK, and I actually measured 15 Mbs.

At the times its slow the Sky Q box has downloads scheduled, but they are stuck, Sky Q reports that it can connect to the router but not the internet. (During the day today when it was working their where no downloads trying to run.)

The Q box is connected via ethernet cable to a powerline connector which goes to a powerline the router is connected to. This set up worked perfectly with previous Sky HD box.

Early this morning I turned of the Sky Q internal powerline in settings, and I've just turned off all the wifi in the Sky Q box. I've also left the ethernet cable unplugged for the time being. I've rebooted the router since doing that.

I'm still only seeing 1 meg speed now though. 

Is it possible that Plusnet has slowed my connection because of something the Sky Q box was doing?

All suggestions how to resolve this welcome.

5 REPLIES 5
chris1610
Grafter

Re: Has Sky Q broken my broadband

Using my wife's computer, which is connected directly to the router with ethernet cable, I also only get 1Mb/s.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

Diagnostic tests don't point towards any obvious issues but do let us know how you get on with the troubleshooting checks in case they reveal anything.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chris1610
Grafter

Within a half-hour of posting, broadband recovered and has been OK since. I don't really know what happened. Maybe turning off Sky Q box wifi helped.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Possibly, good to hear it's sorted now though.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.