cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware - when does it arrive

BRABUS
Grafter

Hardware - when does it arrive

Sorry to ask a dumb question but I was reading through the e-mails that PN send once you sign up and the way it reads is worrying...............
If you have signed up for one of our Starter Packs:  This will be automatically dispatched once your line has been activated.

Well thats a lot of help if you are switching from another provider.  Is it really this way or have they just worded it badly.  When does the hardware get shipped please.
7 REPLIES 7
Addnan
Grafter

Re: Hardware - when does it arrive

When I signed up I got my router delivered a few day before my switch over.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That really is badly worded, I'll flag that up.
The router is sent out a few days before the line is due to go active with us, so it should arrive in time for the line being moved to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks Chris for the info.  Fingers crossed it happens.  It was PN's silly cockups that made me leave you back in 2008 when i moved house after many years of being a happy customer.
Looks like you have things sorted these days.  Just tempting fate, what happens if you don't getthe router to me in time?
Chris
Legend

Just tempting fate, what happens if you don't getthe router to me in time?

If you've got hardware from a previous supplier, you can use that temporarily until our one arrives, however hopefully it won't come to that as your router was ordered this morning and should be with you in the next day or so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks for the update Chris.  Unfortunately my current supplier is Sky (£1 in the swear box  Grin ) and their routers are locked down.  My Belkin router I had when I was with PN previously was donated to a worthy cause as I couldnt use it with Sky (thats £2 now  Undecided )
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

If your existing router is the Sky version of the DG834GT then it can be unlocked , see guide here http://www.jjclements.co.uk/index.php/2007/09/30/sky-router-dg834gt-unlock/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

Your router left our warehouse last night, so it should be with you tomorrow morning.