cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardline fault just about to move to plusnet

Helenatplunet
Hooked

Hardline fault just about to move to plusnet

We are about to move to Plusnet, go live date is 25 of this month, however today we seem to have developed a "hard line" fault diagnosed by our old ISP tech support.

But because we are moving in 5 days they won't send an engineer to fix the problem.

What will happen once we move to Plusnet, how will the problem be resolved.

It seems a bit s##ty that they the old isp are walking away leave Plusnet to fix the problem!

5 REPLIES 5
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Hardline fault just about to move to plusnet

Hi @Helenatplunet

Welcome aboard & to the Forums. 

At the moment in time, it's hard to say what's going to happen in regards to your transfer - the fault will still be there, so we will have to see if it affects the orders completing. 

It seems a bit s##ty that they the old isp are walking away leave Plusnet to fix the problem!

I've never heard of companies washing their hands of people before the end of their contract...that's interesting, who is the old ISP may I ask? 

Once we get the orders on the move we will be made aware if the fault is going to cause an issue and, if so, we can take it from there. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Helenatplunet
Hooked

Old ISP is Talktalk, they say it's gone to Openreach so they can't help.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

When they say "gone to Openreach" do you know if they have raised this as a fault, or if they mean that the transfer order has gone to Openreach?  

Regardless, they should still look into this as you are (at the moment in time) still a customer of theirs. 

If I were you I'd give them a bell and see if you get a different outcome this time - or at least a better explanation. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Helenatplunet
Hooked

Quote "I'm so sorry, I'm afraid we're unable to assist as once the case has been escalated to Openreach, the cease will have already gone through and your services will no longer be with us."

That what I've been told today via twitter conversation!
I'll try a different route, but as you've said we are still their customer!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not completely sure so don't quote me on it but whilst they provide the service I think you have the right to expect the fault to be fixed by them. You could check their terms and conditions which should outline their responsibilities to you so if it's in there that you're covered to the end then they shouldn't refuse. Failing that in the same position I would ask if they can reimburse you for the period the fault was found until the end of the contract.