cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had problems since before Xmas with Broadband connected but random no internet. Anyone help please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Had problems since before Xmas with Broadband connected but random no internet. Anyone help p...

Hi Rob, we'd book the appointment and confirm when they'll be attending. 

@Gandalf wrote:

No problem at all, if you don't get any joy with the engineer who's (presumably) given you their contact details, I'd raise a fault ticket at faults.plus.net and let us know here, we'll pick it up and arrange another engineer visit with you. 

If you can raise a fault and post back, I'll be happy to pick this back for you Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joseph1
Rising Star

Re: Had problems since before Xmas with Broadband connected but random no internet. Anyone help p...

@Gandalf  Just done that. Reference made to this thread.

Thanks, Rob

joseph1
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

Just been dis and reconnected. RS shows max data rate, connection speed increased slightly, DL noise margin increased by 1dB approx and DS Line atten  0.5dB less. Noise margin attached.

Thanks, Rob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Rob. I've added a reply onto your ticket Here. Once you've responded with when you'd be free for an engineer visit, I'll book the appointment as soon as I can. Also to avoid any possible confusion or someone else having to read through all 12 pages so far, I'm taking personal ownership of the ticket. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joseph1
Rising Star

@Gandalf @Townman Engineer visited this morning and had rang before to say doing some checks before arriving.

He has now set my D/S to 6dB, U/S unchanged at 9dB. He did a lot of tests.

He measured  as  828kb U/S, 1280kb max & 7.77Mb D/S, 8.55Mb max. I think this was what he measured before the change to 6dB maybe?

A few minutes ago from the hub one:

5. DSL uptime:0 days, 06:14:33
6. Data rate:828 / 8813
7. Maximum data rate:23026 / 8920
8. Noise margin:10.6 / 6.4
9. Line attenuation:21.7 / 41.9
10. Signal attenuation:21.7 / 40.3
11. Data sent/received:75.8 MB / 413.6 MB

He Is also investigating availability of REIN filter as he rang round but couldn't locate one.

He agreed the U/S at 21Mb reported by the router was just not possible!

I think it could be the RS version used has a glitch with the PN version router maybe not being 100% compatible?Huh

He left his phone number to contact if problems.

I will leave pc on overnight and see what RS has in the morning.

Thanks, Rob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update Rob, looks promising. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joseph1
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

Current stats a few seconds ago:

6. Data rate:828 / 8813
7. Maximum data rate:23026 / 8844
8. Noise margin:10.6 / 6.1
10. Signal attenuation:21.7 / 40.3

On RS noise margin screen, the usual very scratchy line for D/S between about 2130 and 0420, but lowest level trough I saw D/S was 5.5dB. So, looks like it is holding up at the new 6dB setting from yesterday.

Will chase for the REIN filter if I hear nothing from OR.

Thanks, Rob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed it holds but let us know how it goes

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
joseph1
Rising Star

@Gandalf 

Had a drop a short while ago, just in middle of submitting an ebay listing! SEE second jpg graph. Returned on its own 2 or 3 minutes later.

Had another instance with a drop in US and increase in DS  both at the same time at a restart, see first jpg showing drop immediately showing immediately at startup of pc and RS.

Otherwise, been stable and faster US/DS (Speed test also confirms) and with no buffering observed overnight. Will continue to monitor.

See logs, take NOTE the times on bottom line as had been off at night time.

Thanks, Rob

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Remember that the SNRM graphs on their own without the matching speed sync graphs have limited value.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

joseph1
Rising Star

@Townman  @Gandalf 

OK, attached. Looks dramatic, but in reality was a slight drop in DS but a large increase in US at start of the new graph on power up. Is it the automatic speed adjustment caused it? Doesn't seem to have upset anything.

Other graph with the break last night shows just a small change back up to 8796.

Thanks, Rob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks again for the update Rob,

I'm happy to see overall your broadband's been more stable and faster.

Let me know if there are any further issues, as a heads up I'll be out of the office from Thursday until the end of the week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Rob,

This is looking good - US cap has been lifted which was responsible for the significant shift in US SNRM.  Looking good.  Just need to watch the stats (can you please post the stats summary from the router.

You might now be out of the woods - just hope we do not see any further evidence of REIN!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

joseph1
Rising Star

@Townman @Gandalf Here you go, assume this is it? Updates every 10 seconds like the graphs.

6. Data rate:1050 / 8659
7. Maximum data rate:20983 / 8848
8. Noise margin:5.7 / 6.5
10. Signal attenuation:21.7 / 40.5

Thanks, Rob

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

These figures are right on the nail for your line's attenuation.