cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nexus connection

JustinW

Google Nexus connection

Hi
My Google Nexus has worked wirelessly at home fine up until now. For some reason it won't link to the router - message being "secured with WPA/WPA2" and asking for password which I don't think I have. The tablet works absolutely fine with other wireless networks but not just at home. Laptop etc is working fine on same network.
Any help gratefully received.
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Google Nexus connection

Which router are you using?
It's not secure to run a wireless network without some form of protection.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

If it's the PN supplied Technicolor router the default wifi password is printed on the label on the bottom of the router, or on the plastic card that comes in the box.
Edzashed
Grafter

My wife uses the nexus 7 just use the wps button on the nexus to link with router  Cool
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

WPS is considered insecure. I disable it.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

My wife's Nexus works OK on our network. She just enters the network password as normal which uses WPA2 encryption. I always change the supplied password to something I can remember, same with the SSID.
JustinW

The router is a  Thomson TG585 v8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

All the info on default passwords etc for PlusNet supplied TG585's is here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson-585-faqs-and-troubleshooting.shtml
Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.