cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give me a break

HaydnExport
Grafter

Give me a break

i'm on the pro package , with interleave off and max premium on, so why do i get speeds like this?
12 REPLIES 12
HaydnExport
Grafter

Re: Give me a break

I cant get the bt speedtest sit working either , i get this error
System Error Image not loaded
Performance Tester is unable to run the speed test for your telephone number:01248XXXX. Please check that it is the correct telephone number for your service. Did you follow all the instructions given on the website, before initiating the speed test. If not, then please follow all the instructions carefully and try to run the test again.If you believe it is the correct number for your service and you have followed all the instructions then please ask your Service Provider whether you can use Performance Tester to test your Broadband speed. If yes, then ask him for the Service ID of your broadband connection and try again with this Service ID along with your Telephone Number. If this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

adie:green removed persoanl information, please remember this is an open forum and posts can be read by anyone.
reserved
Grafter

I suggest you remove your telephone number  Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

HaydnExport,
Are you still seeing the same issue here? I have just checked your account again and ran a few tests, I can't see anything that would point to this being caused by a fault. If you're still having no joy with the BT speed tester try giving www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk a go.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HaydnExport
Grafter

i can use speedtest sites fine except the bt one, it gets stuck at 96% now and says the maximum threads are 4 ??  I'm wondering if my bt profile stuck as cant get over 4mb,when my PN ip is 4500.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

thats often a sign that your Java is not up to date
HaydnExport
Grafter

Hmm,,,  i'll take a look
HaydnExport
Grafter

updated java , and now cant get past the first page lol
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Have you tried restarting your computer? Java installs don't usually tell you to but I've found that you still need to in a lot of cases. Try that if you haven't already and let us know what browser you're using.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HaydnExport
Grafter

Still doesnt work , now under the top loading bar on the testing page there was an error exeption something, i forgot what it said by the time i wrote this !!  At least it shows my ip profile now to be 4500k  , and i have seen a marked improvement in d/l speeds in the last couple of days
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

HaydnExport,
Cheers for letting us know. Its not really up to us to advise on computer issues but it sounds like you may want to try re-installing the java client. If its still bothering you see if you can get a screengrab of the error.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
HaydnExport
Grafter

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

HaydnExport,
I'm not sure if you are trying to flag an issue here as that screengrab seems to show the speedtest in the process of completion.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team