Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifting BB

onionfx
Dabbler

Gifting BB

Hi Folks,
Just wondering the situation if I wanted to gift, say my Granny, a BB connection ?
She has her own BT pstn line and I'd like to stick ADSL one, primarily for contacting her family around the world.

Can I pay for it with my own CC that I use for my current plusnet account, without changing the owner of her line to me?

Thanks,
Sam
4 REPLIES 4
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Gifting BB

James is the definitive word on this but I don't believe that it would be a problem. I have set up an account for a referral where the Telephone Line is in one partner's name and the Broadband is paid for by DD to the other partner's account in a different name. In this case, the Broadband account is registered to the same name as the Telephone Line owner but was previously in the other partner's name when with Orange.
Just a caveat; I would never give anybody a recurring Credit Card charge mandate because it is impossible to cancel these enen if you cancel the Credit Card. It is much better to use Direct Debit.
ramidoodle
Grafter

Yup, should be fine. alot of people do this for their family members every xmas Smiley
you can signup with her name, address and phone number of course but with your card details. you can use your card for the first payment and then pay the reset using Direct Debit (more secure).
onionfx
Dabbler

Thanks and excellent!
James
Grafter

It's not a problem at all.
We don't restrict who pays for the service.  Realistically, half the time the BT (or other) account holder isn't the person that pays the broadband bill.