cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting very slow speeds recently / 21CN

tudou
Grafter

Getting very slow speeds recently / 21CN

I've been getting very slow speeds recently - just did a speed test and got 2.5 MBps (usually 6-8). Even loading PlusNet website is slow.
Since it's been slow, when I do a speed test on thinkbroadband website it detects the ISP as Masadafish(?). Previously it always said PlusNet.
I also received an email on the 25th February saying our connection would be upgraded to 21CN within 5 weeks but haven't heard anything else about that (and my speeds certainly aren't anywhere near 24 MBps, even slower than before).
Huh
7 REPLIES 7
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Getting very slow speeds recently / 21CN

HI tudou,
I've checked your speed and your profile is 7150k on both BT & PN so I'm not sure why you're getting those results. Have a look here for some tips on that.  As for it reporting your ISP as madasafish it will just be that we've re-allocated some of the madasafish IP addresses (which you will have been connected to) to plusnet and TBB is just reporting it as that.
Jojo Smiley
tudou
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Joanne.
What about the 21CN? Is it possible for you to confirm whether this is actually happening?
Thank you.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tudou,
Looks like the order to upgrade you to 21CN was placed at the time you got the email but it failed to complete. I'm trying to find out why before attempt to place new order.
Jojo:)
tudou
Grafter

Thank you. I'm not sure why it hasn't completed as I believe our area was one of the areas where this technology was first trialled  Sad
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI tudou,
I was speaking to the guy who takes care of the bulk upgrades and he doesn't see why it should have failed. I'll place the order for you again and we'll see what happens from there.
Jojo:)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

ok, I've placed the order now and confirmed it in a ticket to you. Smiley
tudou
Grafter

Thank you, I'll post a reply when it's (hopefully) activated.