cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting sick of this now.......

mal0z
Grafter

Re: Getting sick of this now.......

I think you will find the Comms guys such as Chris are on holiday until 29th. So you need to rely on ticket system
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Well mamaged to get a Bt engineer out, but typically, the line had become stable again....  now completely unstable, but BT need 48hrs for their diagnostic teams.  What do these diagnostic teams actually do.  With my 2wire router now absolutely unable to get sync, the only router that will sync is my older 585V6, but it only managed to hold on for a couple of mins or so, these are the last stats from it tonight
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:04:00
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 75 / 2.880
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 57,00 / 133,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,0 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 26,5 / 47,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6,0 / 11,5
Why isnt BT taking this fault seriously, all I get from my perception is fobbed off.  The BT engineer who came out, looked at the hard copy of the stats from the 2Wire, I had got, and agreed there is definately a fault, probably a joint, but BT dont allow them to remake them all ( he commented there were probably about 20 in all).  How long does this have to go on for, will BT eventually cave in and check the joints, or run me a new line????
Its really getting silly now, and I an getting increasing more p*****ed off with it.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Line again unstable...  Left 2 tickets asking PlusNet to contact me, noone did.  Called today, and it seems CSC staff cannot access 21CN fault updates????  How silly is that......  This situation is getting beyond a joke.  Anyone can see there is a problem on this line, yet again and again BT seem unable to do anything about it, or unwilling.  The last BT chap who came out admitted looking at my error logs there is a problem, yet unfortunately the line at that point was stable. He also said BT refuse to let them examine the joints, and remake them. Surely eventually BT will realise keep sending engineers out is losing them money, and the easier option is to fix the line.  BTW, what is a lift and shift, the CSC chap mentioned this, when I asked do BT ever replace a line, for ongoing faults....  I am writing this after gettting sync on my older speedtouch rather than the 2wire I normally use.  I retired the 585V6 as its network capabilities failed, computers could not see each other on the network.  When line becomes unstable, the 585 usually managed to gain sync at some point, although tonight it loses it frequently. I phoned myself to generate some voltage on the line, and try to clear a dodgy joint, and have kept sync for 8mins so far...  I got the 2wire from E-Bay, and it seems fine most of the time.  Even thought the 585 loses sync frequently during this, and I also get rediculous upstream syncs, does anyone think this may be a hardware fault, and should I buy a brand new router, such at a Netgear DG series.  If anyone from CSC reads this, PLEASE PLEASE take this seriously.
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Just thought I would post, to say this has finally been resolved after months of tooing and froing.  It finally turned out that it was an exchange fault. BT replaced a system card, on the ADSL2+ equipment, that they say was running at risk, and they 'flexed' my line. Since this, I have had not one sync drop, and this is during the snow and the resulting thaw.  Heres living in hope....
Thanks everyone for their advice and help.