Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Issue's

jamitch
Grafter

General Issue's

Hi,
Recently switched over to FastPath for better pings for gaming. For the first few weeks it was great, pings went from 45-55 on interleaved to 20-25 but as always seems to be the case, the performance fell.
After about 6-8 weeks now the pings have gone back up to about what they were on interleaved and to be honest they are less stable so if anything its worse. Am also getting a lot of re-syncs (nearly every night and evening) so my ip profile is going out of the windows.
The general speed of my internet has gone to pot as well sometimes being so poor that i am now getting messages from various programs saying im not even connected to the internet. I use steam a lot for gaming and at the moment, i cant even join a server because im not getting the information back from any (not just browser but also cannot get steam to let me see server info for games my friends are in).
Im a bit confused as to why things are always good for the first few weeks and then go out the window, When i first joined PlusNet the performance was great then fell after a while just always seems to be the case annoyingly. Has anyone got any ideas as to what the issue could be, just seems odd that after changing to FastPath the performance was great now its god dam awful and nearly unusable, there is no reason for it to have changed what so ever.
Thanks in advance, Mitch
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: General Issue's

Hi Mitch,
Can't see any issues at BT's side and you're still on fast-path. You've had 3 or 4 connection drops today though. Have you got an alternative modem or router you could try so you can rule that out as a first step?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

hi jamitch
just quick question.
are you the adsl2+ trial by any chance?
jamitch
Grafter

I havent got a router to hand i could try now but ill try to get hold of anohter and give that a go and no ASBO, not on the ADSL2+ trial  Smiley