cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game login issues for Mu online during peak.

chaoticmess
Grafter

Game login issues for Mu online during peak.

Hi,
For quiet a while now I have been having problems playing a specific game online, its called Mu online.
During peak time I get large lag spikes which in its self I could understand why (even tho it is frustrating). However what has bugged me is that if during this peak time I disconnect from the game either by choice or through other means I then cant log back into the game, the login screen takes ages to load, once that’s done it takes ages to retrieve account information and then finally when the game actually loads up the char I want to play and I click to enter the game with it, I either get stuck on a loading screen and nothing happens ( I have left it for over 2 hours) or after about 3 mins it sorta loads the game but instantly gives a disconnected box and all I can do is click ok to exit the game.
In contrast to try and eliminate ‘it’s the games network, my router or computer’ issues, I have tried to login to the game during peak time on 4 different computers and a laptop, switched to a different router and still get the exact same problem.
To demonstrate why I think its purely a problem with my plus net connection, my house has 3 internet connection each on a different suppler (the family argued to much with 1) so I have used my brothers nildram connection and also my parents demon connection during peak time to try and connect to the game and it loads up with no issues on all 4 comps and laptop every time. I have tried loading the game on 1 computer on my brothers connection and then loading it on another computer on my plus net connection at the same time, brothers connection loads fine but my plus net connection does the issue stated above( I then swapped over the computers to use the other line with same result). As I said above I have tried using my families routers on my plus net connection and it still does not allow me to login (I did get www with out issue though).
This leads me to believe that there is a problem with my plus net connection.
To clarify, I have no other issues with the connection; I can browse the www, send/receive email, and play a number of other games during peak time, just not Mu online during peak time.
I cant see why it would be a fault with the games connection at this stage as 2 other internet connections work fine with the game so do all my computers and routers during peak time and off peak time.
My plus net connection works fine with the game outside of peak hours, just not during peak hours.
If the above makes sense, anyone got any ideas how I can go about rectifying this problem or pointing out something I’m missing to try?
Any help appreciated.

Ian Andrews
4 REPLIES 4
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Game login issues for Mu online during peak.

First guess is that the Ellacoyas aren't picking up the game signature properly.
Run a wireshark trace of your connection while connecting to, and playing the game.
This should enable you to see whether the traffic is being classified correctly.
If not, they you can raise a ticket, include the trace and ask them to add the game to the list of prioritised protocols.
B.
chaoticmess
Grafter

Hey,
Thanks for a prompt reply.
I've done what u have suggested and if i read the file right i think it is the problem. Tho it did not make to much sense to me.
Hopefully i have attached the file. Would not let me upload a .pcap so i changed it to .jpg so needs to be changed back.
If u can take a look and let me know if what u think the problem is, is indeed the problem that would be good.

Ian andrews
zubel
Community Veteran

I'll take a look at the file and let you know.
B.
zubel
Community Veteran

Yep, the Mu traffic looks unclassified to me.
Raise a ticket, attach the wireshark log and ask them to look into adding the game to their services list.
This may take a few days to action, but afterwards you should see blindingly fast response times Smiley
B.