Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Further Speed Issue

cressa
Grafter

Further Speed Issue

Hi
I recently had a speed issue with my connection speed and raised a previous thread in relation to this. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,99445.msg842264.html#msg842264
This issue was resolved through changing my line to ADSL2+ which did fix this, however over the last few days my connection speed has dropped to what I previously was receiving (AROUND 2000 KPS)
Have there been any recent issue that could have caused this ? I have checked my modem and everything appears to be ok from that side of things.
Thanks
Cressa
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Further Speed Issue

I've just checked your account and ran a line test, whereas I can't see anything obvious from that your connection logs seem to indicate that disconnections might be a factor in the drop in speeds. I'm going to advise that you raise a fault with us: https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults feel free to come back to me for further assistance after you've done that though.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cressa
Grafter

Hi
After doing some further testing tonight it appears that the issue is with my router rather than the line.
Connecting my PC directly to my modem produces the expected speeds so somehow my router must be throttling my connection. Had a look at my router settings tonight and cant see anything obvious why it would be doing this. Im using a Netgear G54 (WRG614) wireless router if anyone has any ideas Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm not familiar with that particular model but obviously do start with checking the wireless settings, perhaps try manually re-setting which channel is being used. Also a factory reset may be a good idea.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team