cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fttc cabinets is anyone in the know?

xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Fttc cabinets is anyone in the know?

Hi I've just had the upgrade to plusnets 80/20 from 40/2 yet my connection hasn't changed  from 27/1.7,now I'm not having a go here at Plusnet,I think bt have said it is the maximum available for my line though I know this to be pants,my friend who lives  1 km away from me on a different cabinet  linked to the same exchange but 1 km further away  in the same village  has just been upgraded to 80/20 yet he only used to get 19/1.6,so are these cabinets just profiled from the exchange at 80/20 40/10 or 40/2 in  a random lottery kind of way or  is it because the tech in my cabinet just needs upgrading for our estate? Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fttc cabinets is anyone in the know?

Hi there,
Speed profiles aren't controlled at cabinet level so that won't be impacting on you at all. To be honest it does look like the speeds you are receiving are very close to the best estimate for your line. As for your friend I couldn't say but speeds are defined by a profiling system implemented at the exchange which is then matched by a speed profile on our own systems.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
xxtrickzxx
Grafter

Re: Fttc cabinets is anyone in the know?

:)My upload has now shot up to 4.5 Mbps so something has changed thanks Smiley