cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fttc Unlimited sync at 60mbps

aellisdj69

Fttc Unlimited sync at 60mbps

Hi all,
First time posting here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just moved over to Plusnet ffc Unlimited from Vivaciti, where i was on fttc 40/10. On sign up my speed estimates were 76mbps down and 20 up.
Since the moment my service went live I have been getting the following speedtest results.
Line sync speed 60mbps down and 20mbps up. It makes no difference what i do my line will not sync above 60mbps. A Bt engineer came yesterday and said no problems found, he did however upgrade my modem and supposedly reset the DLM.
It seems to me that a limit is in place somewhere telling my line to sync at only 60mbps. My throughput at 60 is consistently around 58mbps.
Again any help would save me from going crazy as Im sure something is wrong somewhere.
Many thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fttc Unlimited sync at 60mbps

Hi there,
I've just checked your account, the speed profile on our systems is set correctly and I'm sure the engineer and our faults guys will have checked everything relevant on the supplier side of things.
I'll update the fault ticket to link back to what you've mentioned here to make sure the faults guys are aware of what you've mentioned.
Keep us posted as to how things progress with this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
aellisdj69

Thanks for the speedy response! However that still does not answer my question, I still have no idea why my line is synching low.
There must be someone between Bt and plusnet that would
Be able to tell my why my line sync is low. Maybe there is no faults but then surely if not I would be seeing higher sync speeds.
Many thanks
njay
Grafter

There are many reason for low sync. Here's a few questions to start the ball rolling
Do you know how far you are from the cabinet?
Do you have any additional sockets and if so ho are they wired into the master
Is the OR modem plugged into the top of VDSL2 faceplate in the master socket
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It may be something as simple as the estimate that was given was too high. We'll take a look and reply on the ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aellisdj69

Hi njay, I don't know distance from the cabinet, how would I find out, the modem is plugged into the socket you say at the top and I have nothing else running from this other than a phone.
Cheers
njay
Grafter

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html
If you put your phone number in at the top of the results it will say which cabinet you are connected to. As to finding the cabinet its a walk around the neightbourhood as the number is vivisble on the outside of the cabinets. I did a quick street view on google map to locate some potential candidates first Smiley
cwaite
Rising Star

@aellisdj69 I feel your pain, I too was quote that my estimate was 40mbs (accurate to +/-1mbs) when I signed up in January, just to be told that the estimate was wrong and there's no way I will get anywhere near the estimate and the 28mbs I was getting was the most I would expect , currently my estimate has gone up to 41mbs (accurate to +/-1mbs)  but my speed is only 18.67mbs. If you've got a few days spare have a look at my thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110703.144.html
I wish you better luck than what I have had.
aellisdj69

@ njay
I have established that I'm 160 meters from the cabinet, not sure if that's far in terms of signal loss.
@ cwaite. to be honest if I had been told that's the max I can get then I could accept, but I have a reply from one of plusnets techs saying there is a prob and the line is syncing low. Problems can be fixed in my opinion but nobody seems to know how!! Ill have a read of your thread when I get a mo.
Cheers for help everyone
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If it's 160m line length then you might expect better TBH.
I'm 400-450m from my cabinet (following the route of my line from manhole to manhole) and get around a 60Mb/s sync. (and I don't think I have a particularly great line.)
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
aellisdj69

@w23 thanks for reply, I'm baffled to be honest.
My ip profile has been at 60mbps since activation day and I get 59mbps throughput. Its just very frustrating that as an end user we cant do more. 59mbps is hardly slow and I should be grateful but its a fair way off my estimate of 76mbps. Having read the engineers notes it has reported that line is syncing low with errors, then BT arrive and say no problems. Hopefully Plusnet will get to the bottom of this and "Do me proud" as their slogan would suggest.
Many thanks.
njay
Grafter

Tbh at that distance which is short I would have expected nearer your estimate.  Let's see what the PN team come up with
Sorry just seen your reply whilst I was posting. If its synching low with errors why did the 2nd engineer not investigate further? Mine was low and 2nd engineer said yeah its got some errors. He ripped out the old wiring (its was running on internal wirng fit for adsl but apparantly Not good enough for vdsl2) and fitted new master and wiring. Synch went from low 50s to 80.
aellisdj69

@njay
hi ive only had one engineer call, he said he could find no prob. He updated my modem though and supposedly reset the DLM. No change what so ever though.It was the Plusnet tech that said it was syncing low with errors on his report.
Thanks