cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From slow speeds to fast speeds yea

cbatoday
Grafter

From slow speeds to fast speeds yea

Well after months of issue with slow broadband speeds and drop outs. Plusnet sent 4 openreach engineers out to try and find the fault at a cost to me of 4 x 1/2 days days off work (self empoyed) and hours on the phone. See "cured of plusnet" post
During this time of frustration I emailed the CEO to see if he could help and was assigned a case handler. But the slow speeds and drop outs were still occurring.
The next stage was to send another openreach out. At this stage I decided to find out wether it was an openreach issue or a plusnet issue as one company was blaming the other
I left plusnet and started my new service with now broadband (part of sky)
I figured if I was getting slow speeds with my new ISP then it was an openreach issue and if my speeds were faster than plusnet (at times that were ranging from 0.6 to 1.4 mbps ) then it was a plusnet issue
Over the first couple of days the speeds have been in excess of 13mbps. I know this can alter during the first 10 days as the software and hardware works out the best sound to noise ratio but initial findings are pointing at my original faults of slow speeds and drop outs lay at plusnet door. Will keep you posted of my findings over the next 10 days
9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: From slow speeds to fast speeds yea

As you are posting on the ADSL board I assume that this is the case. I understand that Sky are  using LLU so apart from the cable from your home to your local exchange your line has been transferred from BT's to Sky's system all the way back to either the Sky or Plusnet servers. 

Consequently you are no further forward in finding out if it was Openreach/BTw or Plusnet that was causing your problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cbatoday
Grafter

So why couldnt plusnet resolve the issue after 4 visits
Only need to look on the forums which is littered with slow internet issues
All I know is my broadband is back to the speeds it was with all internet providers I have used bar plusnet

A coincidence I think not. Would I go back to plusnet I think not
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @cbatoday

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced.

I have contacted your case handler and passed this information on to assist them in resolving your account query.

cbatoday
Grafter

How will they assist me with my account query do they have access to skys customer data base
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@cbatoday wrote:
So why couldnt plusnet resolve the issue after 4 visits

You need to get you head around the fact that it's not in Plusnet's capability to 'resolve' the issue after four Openreach visits. All they can do is  ask Openreach, over whom they seem to have little influence and certainly no authority, to get it fixed as forcefully as they can.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cbatoday
Grafter

All I know is it works perfect with sky and not plusnet
My contract was with plusnet who couldnt sort it so I left.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

"How will they assist me with my account query do they have access to skys customer data base"

As you've raised a formal complaint with us we're still obliged to investigate and respond so you should have a reply back from us about that soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cbatoday
Grafter

Can you let them know I am getting a steady 13.2 mbps
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @cbatoday,

I can see there has been an update today on your open complaint ticket HERE which may be of some consequence to you.

If you have anything further to add, please feel free to respond to the ticket and it will go directly back to your case handler.