cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnects ADSL broadband

mcarfagno

Frequent disconnects ADSL broadband

Hello,

For a couple of days I am experiencing disconnection issues and the overall connection speed (when available) it is quite lower than before (~4Mbs compared to ~12Mbs before): it has started recently before I did not experienced any issue whatsoever with the service.

To go more in detail, what I experience is a connection drop every handful of minutes (experienced both on Netflix, YT, Twitch) then it takes around 30 seconds or so to be back. I tried to reboot the router but it does not seem to be the cause. The disconnections appear to me more frequent in evening (17~22h) than in the morning.

The router is connected to the Master Socket (only one in the flat).

Any suggestion on what I could look into to solve this issue?

Marcello

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Frequent disconnects ADSL broadband

Hi Marcello. I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for the issues, but we can definitely see your speeds have slowed down and your line is dropping.

I've raised a fault ticket on your account about this and to progress the fault with our suppliers we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Could you respond by logging into your account and going Here with your availability?

Feel free to post back once you've responded and we'll be happy to pick this back up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mcarfagno

Hello,

Just posting a quick update.

Apparently the disconnection issue was able to be solved solved without the need of an engineer to come visit. I think the PlusNet team was able remotely connected to the router, If I understood correctly.

Although, from tests it appears to me that the speed always sits at the very bottom of the minimum guaranteed, can you confirm? Should I expect the speed to go back to the levels I experienced before the issues?

Could be kindly possible to look into this.

Thank you very much for your help.

Marcello

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us Marcello,

I've tested your line and I can see your router getting a speed of 18mbps with only 1 drop in the past 4 days so the stability has been a lot better. Unfortunately it looks like this is the case because the signal to noise ratio on the line has increased to 15dB which means that the software at the exchange has sacrificed speed for stability, that I'd suspect would be causing the throughput/download speed problems you're experiencing.

I've made a change to reduce this setting down to 6dB however if this causes further issues and doesn't fix the problem, we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further so I'd recommend replying to your ticket 196614502 with when you'd be free for an appointment. Feel free to post back if you need any further assistance or if you do reply to the ticket and we'll be happy to pick this back up as soon as we can. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet