cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnecting, however, friends laptop is fine with no DC's

conor2015

Frequent Disconnecting, however, friends laptop is fine with no DC's

Hi
I'm frequently disconnecting and getting lag spikes when im playing legue of legends, heros o the storm and world of warcraft. Usually, in the middle of the day, it's fine, but come evening/night time i'm frequently getting disconnected and incredibly low  ping for a short duration.
However, my girlfriend is also playing World of warcraft on her laptop and she never Disconnects once...
I remember fucking aorund in command prompt not too long ago when i was at my mums house on virgin media. She was on virgin media and i had to fuck around with the dns to get league ofl legends to work. I dunno if i changed anything that woud lead to making the ping shit on my laptop. this peice of information might not have anything to do with whats happening now but i'm just posting it incase it could be a clue to anyone.
Like i said my girlfriend doesn't experience any problems at all so it must be somet to do with thhe laptop.
2 REPLIES 2
AlisonJ7

Re: Frequent Disconnecting, however, friends laptop is fine with no DC's

I was having this problem with my two year old toshiba laptop.  Yet all other devices were connecting well with the wifi.  I did a mammoth updating of windows this weekend, and so far so good.  Are your windows updates all up to date?  Does it only drop out on wifi, or also when connected with ethernet cable to the router?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Frequent Disconnecting, however, friends laptop is fine with no DC's

As AlisonJ7 suggest, checking that your drivers (wifi adaptor in particular) are up to date on your laptop is the best bet.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.