cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Dialup with Home Broadband Packages?

danielplatt
Grafter

Free Dialup with Home Broadband Packages?

Hey guys,
I've paid for home phone and broadband and I have another 6days before my broadband is activated. Many many years ago, i'm sure plusnet did a free dialup connection for users who've paid for broadband as a backup. Just wondering if i dreamt it or whether or not this ever existed or stil does. Need internet for the next few days is all and BTOpenzone is going to cost me a packet is all, phoned plusnet but they say that it will take till the 18th and theres nothing they can do to push it along quicker which is fine, the guy on the phone was great regardless but just wondering if theres anything i can do.
Kind Regards,
Danny
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Free Dialup with Home Broadband Packages?

If you go to the 'connection details' page on the portal (here) is a local rate dial-up number is given in the second pink-headed section? That isn't free but should enable you to connect relatively cheaply.
Note that your login name on dial-up is just your account name, no '@' and realm following it.
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Free Dialup with Home Broadband Packages?

To use the free number your account would have to be activated and you'd start paying for the broadband immediately. As it is the monthly payments will be from the day your broadband activates.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)