Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum rules

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Forum rules

With respect to the Swedish I did have a little help in finding the original http://nannyknowsbest.blogspot.com/ and this is the picture from it
qwentyman
Grafter

I actually just wanted to ask moderator Peter (PJ) why he added a note to my post (under Checking Usage) that the previous msg should not be quoted (in full, anyway) when as far as I know I did not quote anything. I just said ta to Pierre_Pierre.
Q
qwentyman
Grafter

Thanks -don't want to flog this but want to make sure I do the right thing.
On 29/03 Pierre_Pierre posted a couple of lines telling me how to insert images.
On 30/03 I posted a msg saying (nothing more than ) thanks, adding a little joke in Hungarian. I definitely did not include a quote from anywhere in the forum - so what appeared?  Of course, the Hungarian WAS a quote from Paul Edros ...
So I should really like to know exactly what was the offending quote.  Sad  (I'm not in any way challenging your ruling, just puzzled)
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

If I remember correctly one of the forum rules is you must post in English (except in the polish forum).  This rule is because the mods might not be able to read your post, and hense don't know if what you have said breaks the forum rules.  Maybe the mod in question accidently gave you the wrong expanation for editing your post.  It's easily done if you get distracted while editing the post.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The mods are very good about ignoring a bit of furr'n if it's in context and doesn't last too long  Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: pjmarsh
If I remember correctly one of the forum rules is you must post in English (except in the polish forum).  This rule is because the mods might not be able to read your post, and hense don't know if what you have said breaks the forum rules.  Maybe the mod in question accidently gave you the wrong expanation for editing your post.  It's easily done if you get distracted while editing the post.
Phil

to overcome the confusion as I was one of the people involved,  Quentyman came up as an obvious new user and was asking about posting images, I showed him and he thanked me but gave a full quote of my post, I then pointed out about forum rule and full quotes in a kind way and the Mod removed the offending quote, which then makes my post look odd
The other bit about  language, the hungarian bit in my opinion, since it apparently is a well known international quote could be used as a signature and not offend forum rules
qwentyman
Grafter

Thanks, guys. I must have been typing with my elbow and hit "quote" as you say, without meaning to.
Let's see how this comes out ...