Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Rules

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Forum Rules

Since I can't reply to the various postings about the rules I have started a new thread.
Would it be possible for new rules not to be posted separately specially when they contradict the main rules.
Contact Us ticket posting
The posting of Contact Us tickets is permitted but the CS Agents name must be removed, unless prior permission has been given by the agent in
question.

We do not permit the posting of your Contact Us ticket content unless permission is expressly granted within the ticket. You are of course welcome to include a summary of any contact with support in your post and posting a ticket number will enable PlusNet employees to look into anything you might want to highlight.

Advertising on the forums
Advertising within the forum is not allowed unless the forum description specifically states otherwise, this includes recommending 'great web sites' or offering items for sale. Support or Moderators will remove any such advertising. If you persist then your forum access may be set to read only.

Advertising and Spamming
Forum users are not permitted to post advertisements or commercial solicitations on the forums. This includes offering goods or services for sale. However, there is no problem with users posting links to their web sites in signatures or posts, provided the posts are materially useful and are not simply seeking to promote their products (e.g. recommending themselves for every query).
The advertising or offering for sale of your own personal items is permitted in the for sale forum.

Sorry to raise it but this is not getting the forum off to a great start,
We need one set of rules which have been agreed with PlusNet and which are clear and understood
9 REPLIES 9
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Forum Rules

I have not rewritten the rules, just posted copies from the existing PlusNet forums.
Where they already exist in two places.
I will pull the two together.
Chilly
chillypenguin
Grafter

Quote from: chillypenguin
Advertising on the forums
Forum users are not permitted to post advertisements or commercial solicitations on the forums. This includes offering goods or services for sale. However, there is no problem with users posting links to their web sites in signatures or posts, provided the posts are materially useful and are not simply seeking to promote their products (e.g. recommending themselves for every query).
The advertising or offering for sale of your own personal items is permitted in the Classifieds forum.

Contact Us ticket posting
The posting of Contact Us tickets is permitted but the CS Agents name must be removed, unless prior permission has been given by the agent in
question. Posting a ticket number will enable PlusNet employees to look into anything you might want to highlight.
Posting of Personal Details
Without the express permission of the user these are not to be posted on the forums. This includes the content of pm's (personal forum messages) or
emails received from moderators or staff.

Use of inappropriate language
The use of swear words, or disguised swear words, in a post is not allowed on the forums. Any attempt to avoid the swear filter will be dealt with.
Also see [Forum Rules]

Is that better.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Indeed it is - thank you Chilly.
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

The PlusNet forums offer a valuable resource for feedback, discussion, help and interaction with PlusNet staff and other PlusNet users. Over the years the forums have built up a knowledgeable, welcoming and friendly community.

Chilly,
Don’t mean to upset things but as an F9 refugee could I ask for a slight rephrase of your introduction.
Could you change the opening phrase to ‘The Community forums’ and the reference to just Plusnet to ‘the Plusnet Group’ it would help us poor refugees to feel a little more at home here.
Regards, P.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Thanks Pendragon
I have softened the references to PlusNet in the rules.
Chilly
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Chilly,
Can I drop a picky one in. Can you look at the formatting of the Forum Rules - this is what it look like on my screen with the column width set to 100%
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Nice one chilly much better but I can't find the 'Feedback forum'  ;D.
Regards, P.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Thanks Guys, please keep them coming.
Chilly
chillypenguin
Grafter

Those should be fixed now.
Chilly