Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Moderator Elections

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Forum Moderator Elections

Have started a new thread simply because the 'vote here' thread - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,58105.0.html - was locked.
So I went looking for the previous thread that told us a bit more about the candidates - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2619.0.html - (so I could post there) and that was also locked.  Not linked from the 'vote here' thread, either.
Not knowing a great deal about all the people standing for election, I don't (personally) think the mini-paragraph is quite enough to base a decision on.
Perhaps it might have been constructive (a) to make a link (from the 'vote here' thread) to the previous thread where people said a little more about themselves, (b) link each person standing for election, to their profile or list-of-posts-made, so that it's easier to gauge what types of issues they speak up on and a little more about them.
Might it be possible to add such links retrospectively, perhaps?  There are a lot of people eligible to vote in this election, and many of these may not have a great deal of prior knowledge of the individuals concerned.
Just a request Smiley
Regards,
Penny.
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
8 REPLIES 8
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Forum Moderator Elections

I know that in the past elections, there has been a link to each person's posting history. Maybe the moderators could edit the voting post to include that?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The way I got round that was to do an advanced search for a common word such as "spam" filtered by user and then went to a post and looked there.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

There's another way:
Go to My Messages and start to compose a new message.
Go to find members, enter the persons forum identity in the search. In the results copy the link from the profile icon to the left of their name.
Paste that in to a new browser window (need to do this because otherwise it comes up in the tiny pop-up).
At the bottom select Show the last posts of this person.
To save you all the bother:

Posting history of the candidates:
Alex
Barry Zubel
McGurka
PJ
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Alex
I know that in the past elections, there has been a link to each person's posting history. Maybe the moderators could edit the voting post to include that?

Yes that would be good Smiley was what I was asking for in my initial post but maybe no mods/admins saw it  😕
Appreciate you putting up the post-history links, jelv, but ideally they should be on the vote-here post as well, as more people will probably see that thread than this one.
Any mods/admins about? Any chance?
tia
Penny.
Footnote - I discovered after making the initial post on this thread that there's yet another one (apart from the two linked above) at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,58246.0.html . Any chance of this thread being amalgamated with the latter, also?
Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Great idea I have added the links to the voting thread.
But I am not going to merge the two post together, as it can lead to a very disjointed thread,as the subjects are different.
Chilly
Penny
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: chillypenguin
I have added the links to the voting thread.

Thanks Chilly, much appreciated.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Quote from: Alex

Alex,
With all due respect, I cannot find a moderator election that gives a candidates posting history - a typical example is this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,32653.0.html which was run earlier this year. Other searches in the archives have shown the same too.
I admit, things were done differently this time round because #1 I was in a hurry to get this moving along, and #2 the whole thing has been dragging on for too long, so made it quick and simple.
@Penny - I figured 100 words which, if done right, should be succinct enough for everyone to get the gist of what a person can offer everyone in the community, so 8 lines or 100 words isn't much different.
Of course, everyone has their own point of view on these things, and naturally, I'm an individual, and I can't please everyone all of the time, only some people, some of the time.  Wink
And before anyone thinks I've got the hump, I've no problem with what's been said, I'm just saying how it is/was/has been previously.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ah ok, I stand corrected.
For some reason I thought there had been in the past.