cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering router lights

valart
Grafter

Flickering router lights

For the last six weeks after my line was interleaved I had no problems with speed and connection issues the last three days my connection as been erratic,I also noticed that when my laptop is not in use the internet light and broadband light on the router are flickering,I also have had a exclamation mark on the wireless logo which tells me there is a unidentified network.This is a pity because as I said before everything was fine I would like to know why as things changed for no reason I have not changed any of the settings.
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Flickering router lights

Hi there,
It does look like the line is regularly dropping connection, a few seconds short of 29 minutes each time. I guess turning the router off for 5 minutes or so then back on again doesn't help? If not it'd be worth trying a factory reset as per the instructions and then letting it set itself back up again via the automated setup to see if that helps?
valart
Grafter

Thanks for your reply I have turned my router off but only for second I will turn it off for much longer spell,when you say reset does this mean pushing a pin in the back of the router and  does it reset itself
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

..does this mean pushing a pin in the back of the router and  does it reset itself

Yes, if you hold a pin in the hole whilst the router is powered on the lights should go out and flash after about 15 mins, after that the best thing to do is leave the router for 5/10 mins to reset itself and it should reconnect automatically.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
valart
Grafter

I have just seen your reply regarding resetting my router will I have to input the password or will it remember it,if this does not work could there be a fault with the router.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The automated setup first connects using a special broadband username to Plusnet's Automatic Configuration Server. That uses the router serial number to configure the router with the broadband username and password assigned to the router (ie yours). The router then restarts and should connect to Plusnet and the Internet without needing any input from you.
Only if that process fails for some reason would you be prompted to supply information yourself.
David