cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First, connection dropping every couple of minutes - now so slow ......

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: First, connection dropping every couple of minutes - now so slow ......

Quote from: ReedRichards
I think you have tried a different filter; do you have another cable you can try between the filter and the router?

I did ask about this (because perfect phone calls coupled with huge broadband attenuation pointed to the cable/filter connecting to your router).  But I guess sometimes you think you have tried something and the test goes wrong for some other reason and so you reach the wrong conclusion.  Anyway, glad it got sorted.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Rachaelsmith82
Engineer showed me handheld computer thingy which showed when extension plugged in 0.5Mbps and when no extension 15Mbps!!!!!     Though even without probable faulty extension our home computers are still showing speed tests of 0.4 Mbps

Ah! Therein lieth the unwitting mistake. One must never ever rely on a speedtest result to see the immediate effect of a change, it's vitally important to look at the stats - sync speed, noise margin & attenuation. This is simply because profiles can take time to catch up, and on 21CN if a connection is banded, you won't see any change in sync speed.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Edit: Comment withdrawn.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Rachaelsmith82
Could you post the latest full stats from your modem/router?