cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finaly Migrated away from CPW. But..

Skylit
Dabbler

Finaly Migrated away from CPW. But..

Hi all, glad to finally be on a different ISP, and today was my migration date, migration was very smooth however after a few modem restarts im still experiancing a slow throughput, i dont know if this is normal on the day of migration or not.
However my SYNC speeds are staying high.
Ill post some infomation for people to see, it would be great if i could recieve some comments on what to do/expect at the moment. I would say i had a fault on my line but the SYNC speed shows to me that their cant really be a fault. Stuck IP profile maybe?
Anyway see what you guys think!
BT speedtest:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 3776 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 135 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 99 kbps

Speedtest.net

Thankyou! Smiley

3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Finaly Migrated away from CPW. But..

Hi Skylit,
It looks like you were experiencing a really low sync speed when you were with CPW.  That's what the IP Profile in your test is showing.
However, now that you have migrated, you're seeing a much higher sync speed, which should mean that your IP Profile will go up in the next day or so and then your speeds will improve (if your connection remains stable at that level).
Let me know if it doesn't after a couple of days and I'll give BT a poke.
Skylit
Dabbler

Thankyou very much Smiley
I will keep an eye on the connection over the next 48 hours and post back if it dosnt budge Smiley
Skylit
Dabbler

Jamesseh im pleased to tell you my IP profile has increased! Smiley
Im now off the crazy slow 135k and now downloading at 350-400kbps! Just need to work on my ping now, going to take interleaving off and see what happens.