cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally having to leave pulsate after such bad customer service

bb41
Dabbler

Finally having to leave pulsate after such bad customer service

Bit of  long one but I hope it will serve to make the tech support desk a little better.
My problems started April 29th with poor bb and no phone, an engineer was called and duly fixed it for a day or so then all speed dropped out until eventually no BB at all.
I called the tech line and an engineer was called for 18th May.  He duly arrived wanting to check my home first but as I told him that had all been checked before and it's a fault at the exchange.  Then nothing....
I called the tech people to get an up date but no updates were ever available apart from the constant promise of the fault team agreeing to contact me.  I spent in the last week probably 4 hours either on hold or waiting for someone to speak to someone else.
I was then told by one technical support to get a business connection as the fault would be repaired quicker.  As a self funding rescue centre funds are very limited.
I finally got to speak to someone at the fault team who informed me the reason why the fault wasn't repaired was due to our highways agency having  not yet given permission for BT Openreach to dig up the road .  It was a common fault which affected quite a few in the area.and they needed this permission before the repair could go ahead.

After tracking down our highways agency number I got to speak to a lady who informed me that planning permission had been given on 12th May and that this would run out on 26th May. 
I again spent another 20 minutes on hold  relaying this information to tech support who would only respond with "another update is due on 27th May"
By this time I'd had enough of not being provided with any updates whatsoever and cancelled my contract.  A contract that I was put on when I moved house.  I had been out of contract for approx a year previously
I now have a disconnection fee of 260.00 to pay, which to me is awful, as far as I am aware a contract can be terminated when one person does not uphold the terms of that agreement, and one of those terms was to give me constant updates of the fault in question.  I accept that the fault does not lie with PN but they have a duty to keep the customer regularly informed as to how things are progressing . Something which never happened.
I called the cancellation team for a breakdown which I was given and was also told that my fault would now not probably be repaired as I was leaving.
Back to tech services and after listening to "simply irriisistable" for so many hours it is now stuck in my head they told me that if you disconnect a fault will not be repaired and would be up to the new provider to do this, but due to a common fault then this would probably not be the case.
Late last night we finally got reconnected albeit I think they should feed the hamster more as dial up was quicker .
I'm sad to be leaving PN but a service shows how good it is when there is a problem, and they were worse than useless helping me for the past month.
Ironically when I finally received all my emails I had about 20 updates .....................not very useful to me during the past week we have had no service whatsoever .
So PN for future reference and to stop customers leaving could you train your tech support staff in how to find information for customers and to make sure they keep the customer informed by the right means of communication .  Not really any use to send info via email when that customer has no internet is it ????
One other thing, when tech support say they are going to keep an eye on your BB speed could you make sure if they say this then they will do it as no one in the least bothered to do this for me when the fault was first noted to you..
This has cost me a serious amount of time on hold, approx 20 minutes each call and also extra costs incurred for trying to locate contact details via 118 118
We live in a very rural area with no mobile coverage (which again was noted on my acc) and the net is my most used form of contact.  I accept faults occur but it would have been nice to know when the service was likely to be repaired .
A lesson learned an extra support training needed badly
2 REPLIES 2
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Finally having to leave pulsate after such bad customer service

Hi there bb41,
I'm really sorry for the experience that you have had whilst trying to get your fault fixed, and I'm also sorry to hear that you have now decided to leave us as a result Sad I will make sure to pass on your feedback to our Technical Support and Faults departments to ensure that we can improve our service when dealing with situations like your own.
I wish you all the best with your new provider, and hope that this experience hasn't left you with a completely tarnished view of Plusnet, as we would be happy to have you back in future Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Finally having to leave pulsate after such bad customer service

@bb41,
Sorry to learn of your frustrations, however such emotions can give rise to red mist rather than objective thinking.
This was a BT Openreach fault.  PlusNET can only pass on information provided (more likely none) by BTOR. PlusNET does shoulder some blame for not answering calls more promptly, but the volume of calls is in a large part a product of poor BTOR performance.
You can change the party you pay your bill to, but you cannot change the real rouges here - BTOR.
Good luck with the choices you make.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.