Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to ADSL and back

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Fibre to ADSL and back

Evening all!
Few questions I have about what happens after a line cease and internet. Colleagues weren't able to provide me a decent answer at all, hoping some of the people on here may know.
So, there was a name change on the BT landline at the premises, which resulted in a cease and reprovide of the phone line. Due to this, the fibre internet was cut off and the line was given a temp number. Was told by Plusnet that order would be sorted after the line had it's old number reprovided.
The line was cut on the 13th of October. Been living on a 0.2meg mobile internet connection. The joys.
So, to get some sort of usable internet back, went with the ADSL option so it can be provided quicker than fibre - ADSL provided first and then fibre order placed day of activation.
Activation coming up on Wednesday (given this date by Plusnet)  - questions are
1) Could activation come before this? Or is it set that Wednesday will be the day it all happens? The desperation is unreal as application deadlines coming thick and fast!
2) Because fibre was provided, the line goes through FTTC cab, then PCP and then my premises. Will an engineer be required to fiddle with the wiring at the FTTC DSLAM before it works or will it just work even though it was previously (and probably) still is wired via the FTTC cabinet?

Hope someone can answer!
Cheers,
Meh.
3 REPLIES 3
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre to ADSL and back

Hi Meh,
Sorry to hear that the change in named owner resulted in the total loss of service, I can appreciate how difficult it can be to manage things online with a mobile connection!
To answer your questions in order:
1) The installation date is set for the earliest available date free in the ordering system where a Fibre install trained engineer can attend. Given that the Fibre equipment at your address is already in place, this has been placed as what's known as a 'Self Install' order. This means that the engineer should only be turning up to complete the work required between the cabinet and the exchange.
2) From my understanding, when the cease came down from the phone changes, the engineer working the area should have un-jumpered the broadband equipment which is the work we now need to reverse with the attendance of the new engineer attached to the new order.

I hope this provides a little clarity on the process for you, if you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to ask!
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Is there any way for plusnet to check if the line jumper has been removed at all? Looking into logs belonging to the specific circuit maybe?
Knowing my luck, it probably hasn't!
Patiently waiting for the ADSL service to come on. No fixed line internet is ridiculously annoying.
JTaylor
Grafter

Hi Meh
It is difficult to say at present, however, with your activation date being tomorrow any jumpering work needed should be completed then.
We do appreciate your patience with this one, I know what it's like to be without a fixed service.
Let us know how you get on.