cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speeds

StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: Fibre speeds

And how do i go about sending you the WNR1000 back (which fails to perform its Wifi duties, despite checking all options and having the same result).
and in turn, you sending me a 'test' Zyxel NBG4604 router, so i can confirm that the box you sent me is unable to stream data over wifi, on any channel, at even G speeds, let alone N.

?????????
dick:blue Excessive emoticons removed as per forum rules
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Im guessing the zyxel is better?
If so then I guess I will wait!
Ta
StuartUK35
Grafter

no idea if its better, but if its a Supplied router, i believe PN should look at the option of 'loaning' me this router to test and confirm whether the original supplied router is faulty, or does not the meet the requirements of the product they provide to me....
Waiting until Friday, before i start raising official calls, which is basically a waste of everytimes time.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi StuartUK35,
If the WNR1000 is faulty then the best way to check that is to send you another one of those.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ jonnywishbone,
Ok, I'll leave the order as it is then.
Jojo Smiley
Nomadic
Grafter

ZyXEL NBG4604, now that sounds a lot more like it for me.
My laptop has an Intel Advanced N-6205 dual band 2x2 wifi adapter which would be a lot more compatible with the ZyXEL and hopefully utilise the 300mbps wifi speed. I have to set the WNR100 wifi to 54Mbps to get a reliable connection even when I'm within a couple of feet from the router.
BT Speed test results with wifi connected to the Netgear WNR1000 show 20 - 25Mbps while my gigabit ethernet adapter attains about 37Mbps.
If you're looking for a ZyXEL NBG4604 tester I'm your man.  Cheesy
StuartUK35
Grafter

PN dont need testers!!
They know which products work execellent, they know which products work super fine, they know which products WORK............  and they know which products just about work and are budget options (despite having a good brand name)....
Hence we get the WNR1000 (which is a £20+ vat) Budget router....
At least i know my reason for changing providers in 14 months when i get asked Smiley
Nomadic
Grafter

Is there a clique on this forum?  Undecided
I'm new here and maybe I'm just being paranoid but I don't seem to get answers or resolutions when I post questions.  Sad
Looks like the FTTC rollout testers get all the Plusnet staff attention.  Roll_eyes
Oldjim did make an observation about one of my posts more than a week ago but my Plusnet Current linespeed profile is still set at 26Mbps and my BT speed tests show speeds between 35 & 37Mbps. I don't know if this matters but I wonder if it can affect downloads etc.
My other posts are ignored or not followed up, I thought that part of the forum's function was a first line of support for less urgent queries before raising a ticket where necessary.  Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Is there a clique on this forum?

Not at all. Matt's answered your other post about this here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100245.msg855395.html#msg855395
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Nomadic
Grafter

Thanks Adam.  Smiley
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Hey JoJo,
Hope you had a good xmas.
Any news on my new router?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah, had a good one thanks. No, no sign. I've just been looking into this now and we're still waiting to receive them. I've been told it should be next week now.  Smiley