cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre speed profile query

rettopttam

Fibre speed profile query

This is my first forum post so please be gentle with me...
I recently entered the world of Fibre broadband and by the way I was amazed at how quick the setup was. It's been up and running now for a couple of days so I thought I would check again to see what speeds I am actually getting. I ran the BT speedtest and got the following results:
BT Speedtest Results: DL - 16.31 Mbps (73.31 Mbps Max Achievable Speed), UL - 16.5 Mbps (20 Mbps Max Achievable Speed)
I was just wondering if these are the final speeds or whether my speed profiles still need to be adjust for the fibre connection?
Finally, kudos for the forum by the way, I've only only recently discovered it existed. I've already found several really useful discussions on here.
Fibre install ticket:  #75345898
Router: TG582n (SW - 8.C.M.0)
Many thanks, Matt
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Fibre speed profile query

Hi Matt and welcome to the community!
We were just waiting for our provisioning guys to change the account type over to fibre to allow the new speeds. I've just done that for you so you should see some improvement straight away.
Any further issues, just let us know.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rettopttam

Re: Fibre speed profile query

Thanks Adam, I thought it might just be a timing thing.
My DL speed has indeed increased so thanks for flipping the switch for me Smiley
DL: 71.12 Mbps, UL: 15.81 Mbps
Now I just need to figure out what to do with all this speed...
Thanks again, Matt