mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Re: Fibre set up but no router arrived? Update: Engineer Missed Appointment

Yes, the last update was on Friday saying 'ticket now off hold, please action'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Phew - I was worried when you said no sign of a ticket being created that it wasn't even logged as a fault!
Hopefully as a result of these posts someone will pick it up soon.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Fingers crossed Smiley thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi  mrandrewstewart,
Having just checked your ticket I can see you requested an appointment on Wednesday, however none were available unfortunately. Please let me know if there's another good time we can arrange an appointment for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Hi Adam,
I'm afraid noone will be in aside from tomorrow (requested, along with Monday, last week). Can I cancel my order and be refunded please?
I told your support team last Tuesday that the engineer said himself he hadn't completed the job but for some reason it has taken until now for a re-booking to be made (they could have come pretty much any day in the last week)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, Sorry to hear that.
You'd need to speak to our customer options team to cancel your order: http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/account_admin_faq.shtml#howToCancel
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Thanks
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

This is incredible, just rang up and asked to cancel and I'm told I'll have to pay cancellation fees.
So for the honour of PlusNet disconnecting me from the internet for the foreseeable future I'm going to be charged, absolute joke. Surely since they are unable to provide me with a working service I should be entitled to a refund?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Have a read of http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
Your service has not yet started. Looking at http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html#fibre it says
3.The Plusnet Fibre service is subject to a minimum period of 18 or 24 months depending on the service chosen. The fibre service and the minimum period will start on the day we install the fibre service (the fibre service start date). We will agree a date with you for delivery and installation of any equipment, but all dates are estimates and we cannot guarantee we will meet them.

As I understand it the installation is not yet complete.
I suggest you tell them you are cancelling, you want a full refund of all monies paid and that if they do not do that within one month you will take them to the small claims court. I would also suggest you consider cancelling the DD mandate with the bank to stop them taking further money.
You'll have to make sure they cancel promptly otherwise you'll have trouble ordering a service with another provider.
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Thanks jelv - coincidentally your name autocorrects to 'help' which is certainly poignant in this case. Do you know where I stand with regards to the phone service? I'm guessing the contract with that has already began (I can make and receive calls) as wouldn't having PlusNet for calls/line rental limit my options with fibre from elsewhere? Many thanks for your help
jelv
Seasoned Hero

That shouldn't be a problem - Plusnet supply the service sold by BT Wholesale as do the Post Office and BT Retail. The requirement for most ISPs is to have a BT Wholesale line.
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Ah okay, thanks. I've looked into going elsewhere but considering the amount of time it'll take for a cancellation followed by ordering with someone else I'm going to be missing out on over a months worth of freelance jobs so I'll just have to take time off my day job to stay in for an engineer - just had a voicemail asking for days I can be in so hopefully we'll get there soon
edit: spoke too soon, now there's a message saying they won't be able to even book an appointment for 5 working days. I'm lost for words
IngeJones
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I wanted to just post "omg" but I assumed the forum would disallow such a short post.  8 days to go until it's my turn to experience this fiasco.  I am hoping the lightning is fully discharged now and won't also strike me...
mrandrewstewart
Grafter

Just been informed they've managed to get through to book an appointment for next Monday, so my fiancee or I will be taking the morning off work in the hope it'll get this mess sorted out sooner rather than later and won't have to turn down any more freelance contracts. If it's another no-show...