cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre ready, I think?

David_W
Rising Star

Fibre ready, I think?

According to here my exchange (Hayle) is accepting orders, according to here my exchange is upgraded (should be FTTP/C mix apparently) but the BT checker doesn't give any details on my phone number nor a number nearer the exchange. (the links above updated yesterday/today).
So when does the dsl checker update itself so that I can order fibre? 
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre ready, I think?

Hi there,
It depends on the individual cabinet that serves your premises and whether or not that's been enabled, though I'm afraid I don't know a way to tell when that's happening. The only thing you can do is keep checking (the checker at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome is usually pretty reliable).
David_W
Rising Star

That's the one I'm checking, the list of accepting orders puts my exchange as FTTP/C so I should (hopefully) be getting FTTP, I put in the number of a place right next to the exchange and there is also no mention of fibre which with FTTP it should be, so it's just a matter of waiting for the BT system to update itself?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep, I'm afraid so. Until the system is updated there's no way we can place an order unfortunately.
Once it's enabled you should get an estimate of your fibre speed in the results that come out.
joncooper
Grafter

David
I live in Camborne (just up the road) and our exchange is also listed as accepting orders for FTTC/P
but I have not been able to find anyone who can actually order FTTP - the upgraded cabinets all seem to be FTTC only
from what I understand, each Cab is upgraded to FTTC or FTTP, not both (I could be wrong)
I contacted http://www.superfastcornwall.org/ asking if they could offer any help at all
they were able to tell me exactly which cabinet I am connected to - the one where no work at all has been done Sad
though they were able to tell me mine is scheduled to become FTTP - eventually
by choice, I want FTTP supplied by plus.net, ASAP - but I'm not holding my breath - I rekon it's going to be months (or longer) Sad
David_W
Rising Star

About 11 exchanges went live in the past 2-3 days (all the ones that were supposed to be done by end of March) but the figure for the people able to connect hasn't moved from 81k so something is up, maybe BT have just enabled the exchanges and that's it, if you look at Hayle or St Ives (both just live) it doesn't show the areas it's available in like it does with the other areas on the map.  I''ll have to write them an email in the morning to find out what's happening, doesn't seem right that 11 exchanges go live but the number of people able to connect remains at 81k.
/edit - found an interesting document that shows my postcode is getting FTTP, now I just need for BT to pull their thumb out and give me my 100Mb line!