cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre not available

rasp54
Hooked

Fibre not available

For the last six years i have been checking on btwholesale it's been saying it's available in April then goes to December and so on. On their site it said in discussion with the local  council about planing to install a new box. Ben in touch with them they said permission was granted in 2012. Told openreach  by email and they took it off their site. The box is 400mtrs  from the exchange at 200mtrs from my property. I sent a email to openreach  they said it's not in their plans but on btwholesale says it's planned.Went to samknows put in my phone number and postcode they said it was available  and some online sites. I'm getting 17mg so the line is fine

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre not available

Hi there.

From checking the Openreach website Here I can see it's in the initial stage of exploring solutions:

"We're working with government and industry to explore ways to bring Superfast fibre to as many people as possible but don't have a plan for your area yet."

It's worth noting that the Samknows site isn't always up to date, and searching via a postcode/address isn't always accurate compared to searching via a landline phone number.

Unfortunately there's nothing more we can find out regarding this that you can't, if you haven't already I'd recommend filling out this formwize to query this with the fibre enquiries team at Openreach: https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rasp54
Hooked

Thanks for your reply but the openreach are talking rubbish. I have seen openreach laying the fibre cable to a manhole 17 mtrs from the box. There are boxes 25mtrs either side to me which are activated and people living parallel to me  can get fibre so to say the infrastructure is not there is rubbish it's the only box not activated in the town. i have spoken to a few openreach engineers and they amazed i can't get it.  

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @rasp54 I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We can only rely on the information that is provided to us from our supplier Openreach.

As advised, there is not much we can do regarding this issue.

Best wishes.

rasp54
Hooked

I was not having a go at anybody on here it just shows how incompetent openreach are but bt wholesale says its planned. They should move some plusnet staff over to openreach to show how customer service is done properly
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It’s possible that there’s a data discrepancy between the Wholesale and Openreach systems. In these scenarios I’d normally always go by what Openreach advise.
If you can PM me the addresses of your neighbours who can get fibre, I’ll be happy to see if I can find out any more information about this tomorrow from Openreach.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet