Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre line fault - question ID #90614354

richardc1983
Grafter

Re: Fibre line fault - question ID #90614354

Quote from: Adam
Hi richardc1983,
I'm sorry that the outages came at such a crucial point in the fixing of your fault. Thankfully it seems that the speed hasn't dropped as much as before and it seems that you have re-sync'd a few times and the speeds have come back up so the DLM should be in the process of returning you back to the speeds you were seeing previously although this can take a little time.
Have you seen any further change since flagging this up again on Sunday?

Other than all the errors which are occurring and the advisor said yesterday that this is an unacceptable ammount of errors. Open reach are aupposed to be coming back out today between 8-1 although said I don't need to be at home for this. I haven't noticed an improvement to be fair can you advise if they have done anything yet?
richardc1983
Grafter

Line speed has further dropped today... Again below the estimate.
Rather than a standard reply please could I have a proper update where you actually look at the account and see that a none appointed task was raised for open reach to attend. The last I heard was "DCoE Colombo House Line test completed on Woosh & was testing in sync at 64.2/20 Mbps but Fail - Upstream ES and SES have exceeded threshold from real time check RRT shows the line is still having Errors in downstream and/or high number of retrains. DLM is still managing the profile down CSE had closed previous action item task with notes as below:- ---- Lift and shift completed to restore corr ect sync speed and c lear HR fault. Pq ok with new ties. LTOK ---- The line was previously testing Fail - Upstream ES and SES have exceeded threshold from real time check The line is still syncing above it's predicted speeds and erroring, DLM yet to stabilise. Action Item slept for another 24hours to allow DLM to manage line before further analysis."
Please advise what is going on the whole service has been very poor so far and I shouldn't have to keep chasing this.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi richardc1983,
It looks as though the engineers have opted to resolve the issue by administering a lift and shift, the results of which we are still waiting for as the DLM was still in play so they had parked the fault for 24 hours in order to wait for this to settle before retesting and then giving us an update on the next steps on resolving the issue.
We appreciate that having a fault is far from the service you expect to be provided with, however we must follow the correct processes with the supplier when managing a fault and at the moment, we are still awaiting further updates. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused during this fault fixing process, you will have an update applied to the support ticket for you as soon as this is made available to us.
By the sounds of of the last update we had, it could well be that the engineer attends the exchange again in order to perform a DLM reset (I'm afraid this cannot be done remotely or at request) if they believe that the stability of the connection is fine. If not then it could well mean that additional works need to be carried out before the reset takes place and you see the speeds lift.
richardc1983
Grafter

Thank you
That reply is a bit more informative than the previous reply. Can you explain what a lift and shift is?
richardc1983
Grafter

However a lift and shift has already been done the first time round so not sure why it had been done again as it didn't fix it the first time,wasting my time it seems.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi richardc1983,
The lift and shift is a bit like a total reset of the connection where everything is removed and put back together as if the service was being set up for the first time so eliminates any misconfiguration with the equipment.
With regards to this being done a second time, this may have been done if the engineer attending on the day believed that this hadn't been completed before or if he saw some merit in doing this for a second time.
richardc1983
Grafter

Thanks for the explanation, can you perhaps see what the next steps are to this. Regards
dick:quote
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again richardc1983,
I'm afraid there isn't anything present at the moment as the last update from the supplier showed a wait of 24 hours to allow for the DLM to settle before they were due to test again and then provide us with detail of the outcome/next steps.
Given that this should come back to us at some point today/tomorrow, you'll see an update applied to the support ticket as soon as we have had the details passed to us.
In the meantime, I'm sorry about the delay and would hope that you'll see the update and progression of the fault very soon.
richardc1983
Grafter

Line now sync'd at 51 approx
It's a shame as the attainable rate is 77 so I should be getting that near enough.
richardc1983
Grafter

So here I am chasing this again, something I shouldn't have to do.
DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Richard,
Bearing in mind your line estimate is 60mbps, I've attached a GEA test of your circuit. I've updated the profile on your account to match so you should be getting close to 60mbps now.
Dan
richardc1983
Grafter

Not the answer I was looking for? What is going on with BT? I was getting beyond 70mb when I was installed both engineers said I should be getting close to 80.
BT wholesale estimate 72 so that's what I expect.
richardc1983
Grafter

The last person did this basic test and said there was no fault but there was hundreds of errors which the next guy I spoke to said wasn't acceptable. It's no good just altering the profile when BT OR need to do there bit properly.
richardc1983
Grafter

Really not happy with how this has been handled at all, one moment I'm told it's back in bt's hands. Now I'm told nothing has been done since the 3rd and BT have closed it down and find it acceptable to cap the line speed at 60. That is not good enough they need to come out and carry out repairs to the line and do whatever is necessary to their infrastructure. As a new customer I am not very happy at all, you should be keeping me updated and it should not be me having to constantly ring or chase on here for an update. Then be told half the information that you think it's now stable so it's closed. Maintenance work needs to be done. My neighbour opposite at number 7 is with you also and having issues and is having an engineer tmrw. If you could link this in with mine, I think we're there only two people on the street with fibre.  As my provider you should be doing more to resolve this as you can see ive already been messed about. It's pretty obvious Openreach did nothing the other day.
richardc1983
Grafter

I'm disappointed that come the next day I have still not had a response regarding the poor experience I am receiving so far from being told one thing by one member of staff to a different thing by another. The fault has now been "reopened" and passed back to OpenReach as there are still many errors on the line and the speed should not be capped at 60.
This really isnt acceptable that I should have to keep chasing it and I wish someone would take some ownership and pressure OpenReach to carry out whatever repairs are needed. The likelihood of it is that the copper cabling going back to the cabinet needs replacing... they need to stop dragging their heels and crack on with the maintenance work. This might have been acceptable on ADSL but not on Fibre.