Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre issue and product question

stevie
Grafter

Fibre issue and product question

Hi,
Over the last day my fibre download speed has dropped from 35mbps to 0.17mbps - submitted a ticket to get this looked into but has anyone any ideas of any steps I can take myself, or suggestions as to what the issue might be?  There have been no changes in my setup.
2nd question on the new product announcements - I recently moved to the Plusnet Extra Fibre product at £21.49 which has a 120GB download limit.  According to the new products this is now up to 76mbps with a 250GB limit at £19.99.  Having only just taken this new contract out, can I still transfer to this new deal?  If it is possible it seems like a no brainer with nearly double the speed and double the download limit......and cheaper.......
Cheers.

Stevie
8 REPLIES 8
houlton23
Grafter

Re: Fibre issue and product question

You haven't gone over your usage allowance have you?
And yes you can transfer to the new product but you'll start a new 18 month contract.
stevie
Grafter

Hi.  I did go over the 120GB limit to about 129GB (and paid for the privilege - £5 per 5gb) but that reset on Friday as I'm into a new billing period now.  Do you think this a fallout from that?  I am into a new period so shouldn't be getting any kind of throttling surely?
houlton23
Grafter

Could be but shouldn't be.
Can you post a BT Speedtest result?, and check that your usage has actually reset?
stevie
Grafter

Checked and my usage is definitely reset.  Have run the BT speedtest again and results are attached - still 0.01mbps down and 0.12mbps up.  Phoned support and not much they said they could do until they see the speedtest results to have provided to them too - they have conducted some basic tests and can't see any issues.
Anything else I can do other than wait for support to come back to me?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Steve,
Our fault's team are currently looking into this. I will keep an eye on your fault to see how it progresses.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Chris
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our fault's team have done some work on your account since you last gave us your speed test results. Please try one again and let me know the results.
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Chris.............Can you check my speed which is down please..........Thanks......Roger
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ G3YBO,
Your current download speed is showing 67MB/s.