Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre installed today - Happy bunny!

ncf355
Grafter

Fibre installed today - Happy bunny!

Well,
had my PN Fibre Unlimited installed today
I thought the cabinet I was going to get connected to was approx 500m away (there are 2 close by, the other one is probably more like 300 but I knew that wasn't the one as it had the "Fibre is here" BT sticker months ago and the checker only gave the go on FTTC for me about 3 weeks ago.
Unfortunately, the engineer informed me my cab was P21, my heart sank as this is much, much further away.
However, when he came back he first informed me the distance was approx 1150M (Ouch!) but then did a speed check and got 39.4!

BT's (and PN's)prediction at the wholesale checker was 9.9MB (almost didn't bother for this reason, but Fibre with PN was cheaper than my previous ADSL anyway)
So I'm happily flying along at near 40 (incidentally, engineer said this was only about .5 below that at the cabinet - he was v impressed with the line quality)
Only thing I need to look at is the Upload speed which is just 2MB
6 REPLIES 6
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Fibre installed today - Happy bunny!

Hi ncf355,
Great to see that you're getting 40Mb/s, it looks like your upload is currently limited to 2Mb/s due to the product we've provisioned you on according to your line estimate.
I've placed a modify order to move you to a higher upload product, this will complete tomorrow and you'll hopefully see a difference.
Let me know how you get on.
Chris
ncf355
Grafter

Hi Chris

Away at the moment but will check and report back once home
Cheers
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Looks like your upload has jumped to 9168 so the order's definitely completed - hope both up and download are more in tune with what you were hoping for Smiley
ncf355
Grafter

Hi,
Erm.....think something may have gone haywire
Got back home last night and ran a few checks on both wired and wireless
Was seeing around 9MB DL and around 10 - 10.5 UL on repeated tests and mutiple hardware so think this profile may need looking at as obviously the original DL was 39+
Checked again before leaving for work around 6am today and I was getting 1.5 - 2 DL!
Could someone take a look please? (weon't be back home till 4'ish today)
picbits
Rising Star

Sometimes the modems throw a bit of a wobbly after a long time online - I find that either going into the router, disconnecting from the modem, waiting 30 seconds or so then reconnecting normally cures the issue. It has only happened to me a couple of times but when it last happened, I went from 70Mb download speeds to 6Mb !
I have also read that a reboot of the modem itself often cures the issue too.
ncf355
Grafter

Hmm,
Yes, TBH I shouldve though of a reset but I'd just flown in late last night then up early this AM so brain not functioning correctly!
Will give that a bash tonight (also going to try and get my Billion router setup for the Fibre as I didnt have time prior to the install)
Cheers
dick:quote