cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install due today AM. Can I call BT to confirm?

2Senile
Grafter

Re: Fibre install due today AM. Can I call BT to confirm?

Your patience here danyulo is that of a saint.

I agree 100% with adamcookeuk. In fact I stand in awe of your patience! (I'm lying, I'm actually sitting down .... in awe of your patience.)  Wink Smiley
All I can do is offer moral support & hope this is all sorted out for you speedily..
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks guys.
Hello PN staff.  Further to the below and to clarify the cost to me of working around the service failure, I have spent £36 on BT wireless vouchers since 12-05-2014.  Three day passes at £6 each and a 5 day pass at £18. The final pass runs out today.  I use this to keep my wife's wireless capable laptop connected to the internet.  In her view, my actions have essentially broken our internet service.    My own computer and my wife's media PC, which she uses to run her business, as well as our IPTV set top box, remain dark.
I know that this information is useless to you in your efforts to progress the fault resolution, but I will be looking to obtain reimbursement for the total cost.
Thanks
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi danyul,
As mentioned in previous posts, I'll discuss a good will gesture once I get this issue resolved. Thanks for the information so far though, that's helpful.
The issue is being caused by a faulty port at the cabinet, and there are no spare ports for you to be connected to. Work is being progressed on the repair of the port, something that I'm waiting for our suppliers complete. As soon as I have an update, I'll update you.
danyulo
Grafter

PN staff,
I am delighted to report that I am posting this from my computer connected to your service.  The fault seems to have been resolved.  The BT Wholesale speed checker reports downstream 67.88Mbps and upstream 16.37Mbps.
Thanks for your help.
And thanks also to PN forum members for your support
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi danyul,
That's great news! I'll be in touch in due course to discuss the gesture of good will and the expense this has amounted you.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Great news indeed. It just goes to show that a combination of determination, patience & politeness reaps great dividends. Smiley
adesouth

Great news Danyulo!
At least you've only had to wait a week from first engineer visit to being up and running.
After 4 weeks and 5 engineer appointments, we're still not connected..
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@danyulo - I've created Ticket: 85934960 on your account, let me know once you've had a chance to read it Smiley
@adesouth - We'll get back to you on http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,127148.msg1107413.html as soon as we can.