cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre install due today AM. Can I call BT to confirm?

danyulo
Grafter

Re: Fibre install due today AM. Can I call BT to confirm?

Hello,
It is now 12:35. Is it too early to assume BT are not coming?
Thanks
danyulo
Grafter

Hi
It is now 13:03.
Please advise
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've been in-touch with our suppliers and it seems the engineer is not attending, really sorry for this. We received no notification as the fault was stuck on their system.
I've have to check back on this in 2 hours, they have advised that an engineer needs to attend but not to your premises.
Again really sorry and I'll be back with an update.
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
although it has been inconvenient for me and my family, ensuring that someone is in at home, I suppose that this means the service may actually be provided today.  That would be good news.
Please do provide an update later Chris.  I am back in my office now and will not be at home until 18:00
picbits
Rising Star

Keeping fingers crossed for you !
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

They are looking to send an engineer, unfortunately they haven't been able to confirm with me if this is tomorrow or not. I'll be chasing this up first thing in the morning and I've also asked a colleague to check this later tonight to see if there's any update, if there is they will update you.
danyulo
Grafter

OK thanks Chris.
so from that I am going to assume:
1. No broadband service today
2. BT engineer will NOT need to gain access to my premises

Please advise if my understanding is correct or not
Thanks
danyul
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

It's been said many times before but at times BTOR are a total disgrace. They have no concern for either their direct customers, ie PN or the 2nd level customer ie danyulo. Isn't it high time that the Government took a serious look at this disgustingly useless company & its immoral practices? I won't suggest using Ofcom because they are equally culpable.
Rant over  Angry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It needs to start with PN's CEO fixing it for PN customers.
"We don't believe you should have to put up with poor customer service" - so come on Andy what are you doing / going to do about the constant let downs from your mates in BTOR?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chrcoluk
Grafter

The issue might be BTw as I think plusnet dont deal directly with openreach they deal with BTw and then BTw deal with openreach, an artifical middle man so to speak.
e.g. when they couldnt book me an engineer it was due to a database error on BTw systems.
danyulo
Grafter

Good morning PN staff.
Please can I have a definitive and clear update on your plan to provision my service.  I do not want this to go on any longer than the end of the working day tomorrow Friday.
Thinking about your approach so far and the updates yesterday, I can't see how you can provision the service without your suppliers engineer entering my premises.  How else could they confirm that the service is working?
Thanks
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi and Good Morning, danyul.
I'm looking into this now and investigating what's happened and gone wrong and I'll provide you with an update when I have a clear path of next steps.
What has happened is completely unacceptable, I'll provide an update ASAP.
danyulo
Grafter

OK thanks very much Chris
One thing occurred to me whilst perusing posts in this forum last night:  The engineer that came to my property on Monday did not fit a new ADSL faceplate at my master socket.  They found there a face-plate that I had installed myself some time ago in order to maximise the speed and reliability of standard ADSL 2+.  Could the absence of a new BT faceplate explain why the service does not work?

Thanks
danyul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi danyulo,
That's no problem. I wasn't in the office to pick this up yesterday, sorry for that.
I've spoken to our suppliers and the problem was caused between a communication between our suppliers and BT Openreach. I've requested that this be investigated and I've taken this as an example to push back to our suppliers as it's really not good enough.
I'm in a position to be able to re-appoint the engineer, so if you could let me know when you can be available, I'll get this booked in for you. I'll certainly get a good will gesture sorted out once we get you up and running in light of all events mentioned on this thread.
The socket shouldn't be an issue but if you have an installation by an engineer they should really be installing a new socket. You can use a normal socket with a microfilter if you'd prefer but I think the new sockets are pretty good.
danyulo
Grafter

Thanks Chris,
It will be very difficult for us to make someone available at home tomorrow, so please could a Saturday afternoon appointment be arranged?
Thanks
danyul