cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre finally avalible - Costs?

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Fibre finally avalible - Costs?

just took a break from revising for my GCSE French exam (reading) and check for fibre avalibility. Expecting to see 30th June as per usual, I hopelessly stick my number in.
I glance at it, see the usual ADSL2+ of 4mbps then the 30th June has disapeered. Utter disbelief, is fibre really avalible? I check the infinity checker, it is!  Cheesy  Grin (Overreaction I know, but when you have a connection that takes like a 2 hour time period to upload a 60mb file to dropbox, its exiting stuff).
I read before that if your an existing customer, you pay £25 install instead of £50.
As Im on Plusnet Extra now, If I go to Value Fibre (as I never actually go over 40GB), how badly will my speeds be throttled? If I shove the Pro Addon, what will this do?
Im not gonna order now anyway, going to get it installed on the day of my statistics exam (Mid june) so the awesomeness is waiting as a reward LOL.
So to put basicilly, what kind of costs (initially) and what kinds of speeds with Pro and without Pro (Ive seen the graphs and stuff, if anyone has any real world experiences, please tell me)
Cheers guys!
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Fibre finally avalible - Costs?

http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php gives the information you need
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Hadn't seen that before 😧
Thanks for your help.

Any infomation about the £25 vs £50 install cost? Just want to know.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Web site says its Free but can't find the indicated ps note.  But it is a 18 month contract so at a guess if you leave within 18 months then you pay it.
edit: finally found it,
Fibre installation: An engineer visit is required to install Plusnet Fibre. This costs £50 for new customers and £25 for existing customers. However, if you add one of our phone packages to your order or already have our phone service, and you stay with Plusnet for 12 months, you'll get free installation.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Awesome, cheers dude!