cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre cabinet powered up for two months, cant order yet

FoolishlyWise
Grafter

Fibre cabinet powered up for two months, cant order yet

The cabinet down my road (P78 on the Upton Park exchange) had a new, shiny FTTC cab plonked next to it in mid december. Around feb, there was works going on at the cabinet to install the power connection to it. After this, what looks like permanent tarmac was put over the cabling. Talking to someone from openreach who was working on the traditional BT cabinet, he goes that it should be able to accept orders as its switched on, and the exchange is providing fibre to it.
So, I check the date on the 23rd of March to discover the cabinet date should be enabled on the 30th of June.
Can anyone from PN shed any light? I swear usually when power is provided to a cabinet, its ready to accept orders within a couple of weeks? O.O
Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2
minimos
Grafter

Re: Fibre cabinet powered up for two months, cant order yet

Hi,
I was in a similar situation to you, green cab appears at the end of the estate late November and asked PN a similar question myself only a couple of months back, unfortunately they do not have any more information other than what is on the BT wholesale line checker.
Anyway hang in there, a couple of weeks back (after checking everyday) it provisioned the cab for go live at the end of June, but out of habit from my daily routine of checking the site, 2 days later I checked and it was enabled and accepting orders, in fact I had fibre installed this Weds. 
Your story and time scales are similar to mine, so hopefully you will get some good news soon
Minimos
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Fibre cabinet powered up for two months, cant order yet

Hi Amanha,
I'd suggest occasionally checking the availability checker to see when it's enabled. Once the availability checker says it's available you will be able to order it.
Jojo Smiley